8 months old height/weight

ShepskyFido

Hello everyone!

My little boy has now nearly reached 8 months of age so I weighed and measured him again after not really paying much attention to it besides watching his figure and food intake. He now has a shoulder height of 21.6 inch (55 cm) but only weighs 19 kg. People keep telling me he seems kinda skinny. He is very active after all but eats normal. He seems small for being a Husky GSD mix but is the biggest out of his litter of 9. Both his parents were average size but I guess he is still growing so I shouldn't be too worried? He is being fed raw 750g a day plus vegetables etc. Should I increase his intake or just keep adjusting whenever he has a growth spurt?

15422880980513600618394378554481.jpg

1542288397015296717267987961027.jpg

That's what I've been going by for most of the time and he seems to be pretty much perfect according to that. I suppose it's just that people generally see dogs that are overweight around here so they might just don't know better then to be concerned about my boy. Just recently I saw a female husky about the height of my boy but so overweight that he was 1 1/2 times the obese dog looks like on this chart. Living in a big city it's horrible to see how many people actually underestimate their dogs physical and mental needs and I have talked to people that take out there 2 year old German shepherd once per day for 30 minutes 😕

Yes...those ears...somewhat greyhound like?
(We almost adopted a retired racing greyhound ..I love them!)
If so, a leaner build might be natural for him.

My shepsky looks "ideal" during coat blow, then a bit "overweight" when he is in full fluff!
Our question is, "Is he Fat or is he Furry?"

7 hours ago, BingBlaze n Skyla said:

Maybe boxer she looks a lot like my in laws boxer x mastiff, boxers are quite lean dogs too

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

I thought that too at first.  

That last pic looks like a Hound X 

On 11/15/2018 at 5:28 AM, ShepskyFido said:

Hello everyone!

My little boy has now nearly reached 8 months of age so I weighed and measured him again after not really paying much attention to it besides watching his figure and food intake. He now has a shoulder height of 21.6 inch (55 cm) but only weighs 19 kg. People keep telling me he seems kinda skinny. He is very active after all but eats normal. He seems small for being a Husky GSD mix but is the biggest out of his litter of 9. Both his parents were average size but I guess he is still growing so I shouldn't be too worried? He is being fed raw 750g a day plus vegetables etc. Should I increase his intake or just keep adjusting whenever he has a growth spurt?

15422880980513600618394378554481.jpg

1542288397015296717267987961027.jpg

Very cute either way.

Looks healthy and good to me... But I prefer mine to be on the slicker side. 

Archived