Brown smelly vaginal discharge

Huskluver

Female dog just had starterd her heat cycle a few days bled normally but now I notice a brown really bad smelly discharge in her diaper .... it lasted a few days with her litter mate a friend has ( She never took her to the vet because she thought it was normal ) hers is fine but I’m extremely cautious I want to be sure. I’m just curious what it cud be ... I’m calling her vet tomorrow but since my car is in the shop I won’t have a ride for a few days. Sorry pic quality  

image.jpg

Ok well first of all get rid of the diaper , it harbours bacteria and will make your dog prone to infection, just let her clean herself and put towels down if u need to .
Also go to the vets and explain , but make sure u tell them she's in heat so they can make any other dog owners aware , also don't wait a few days try and find some other way to get transportation

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

6 hours ago, BingBlaze n Skyla said:

Ok well first of all get rid of the diaper , it harbours bacteria and will make your dog prone to infection, just let her clean herself and put towels down if u need to .
Also go to the vets and explain , but make sure u tell them she's in heat so they can make any other dog owners aware , also don't wait a few days try and find some other way to get transportation

Sorry it was late and I didn’t make myself too clear..... I let her clean herself regularly I just put the diaper on her to collect a sample because I noticed a bad Odor diapers are from where family came to visits I cut a hole in the back for tail.... it was on her for about 10 minutes so I can see it before she cleaned herself.  I live alone  because I recently moved everyone’s 4 hrs away and I don’t know anyone..... But I called a pet friendly cab and they can take me to the vet (cabs  gonna charge a lot) but I have an appointment set for tomorrow.  My whole point in asking was to get some ideas to as the vet because a friends dog was misdiagnosed and passed away.

Ok i understand u using it to get a sample for your vet however I wouldn't use it again even when family visit , like Paul said it could be pyometra which if not treated is fatal I had a pet that was on antibiotics for a possible pyometra she was too old to be spayed , 2 days after her vet visit she had a stroke and passed away which i think was related to the infection , hopefully that's not the case for you, good luck at the vets tomorrow and keep us updated

7 hours ago, 2Huskyfun said:

There were a couple of times I have seen Bitches with dark smelly discharge after their heat cycle. 

Was this her first heat? Could she have gotten tagged by chance?

Sounds like the friend could have gotten lucky. Take her to the vet.

Keep us posted.

14 hours ago, BingBlaze n Skyla said:

There were a couple of times I have seen Bitches with dark smelly discharge after their heat cycle. 

Keep us posted.

Keep us posted.

She’s 18 months I had her for 4 months ... so prolly not her first and not around males. 

Get her to the vet as soon as you can.

It can be as simple as just a yeast infection or (one of my Akita’s, had an infection that the vet said luckily we caught and a spay was all she needed), then there is a serious condition (I’ll have to dig up one of my old medical books for what it was called, just moved and is  buried somewhere) that is life threatening if not treated....

🤞 just a yeast. 

Keep us posted

Sorry it was late and I didn’t make myself too clear..... I let her clean herself regularly I just put the diaper on her to collect a sample because I noticed a bad Odor diapers are from where family came to visits I cut a hole in the back for tail.... it was on her for about 10 minutes so I can see it before she cleaned herself.  I live alone  because I recently moved everyone’s 4 hrs away and I don’t know anyone..... But I called a pet friendly cab and they can take me to the vet (cabs  gonna charge a lot) but I have an appointment set for tomorrow.  My whole point in asking was to get some ideas to as the vet because a friends dog was misdiagnosed and passed away.
How did you get on at the vets ?

9 hours ago, BingBlaze n Skyla said:

How did you get on at the vets ?

It was a small infection vet said not to let her lick because she could become ill.... (cone of shame for a few days ) they say sometimes when long haired dogs go into heat it’s best to trim them some because bacteria could build up. Plenty of water and personally keeping the area clean. Was a bit worried but glad my angels ok!  Next appointment is her getting fixed they say that will stop that from happening along with cancer and pyro risks.... 

Archived