Suddenly whining at night

Onceuponadime

My boy is 12 month old now. He's been clingy. He's had no issues sleeping downstairs before. The last two nights we've had little sleep as he's been at the bottom of the stairs whimpering in a pathetic whine. I won't allow him upstairs to sleep and never have. I feel as though it's an attention cry. He's well excercise fed watered and let out in the garden pre bed time. I ignored him whimpering after I went down stairs to check everything is OK. I didn't pet him or acknowledge him etc. This is because I don't wish to reward him for whimpering. He has kept me awake the last two nights. He's not my only dog but he is such a big baby any ideas to stop the wimpering. I won't crate him.. 

At one year he's possibly beginning to feel some anxiety as these woofs prefer companionship to just being a pet.  Where do your other woofs sleep? My two huskyxmals slerp outside our door in the inner hall (bungalow).  They do join me on the bed , on a throw, when David goes to work. And if he's away, then the door stays open xx

Is it SA ?

My two at 8 months have developed a need to sleep with me. Whatever room I am in I leave the door open so they can come and go in the middle of the night. I don’t trust them alone so I need to hear them, (Long story on training my pups LOL) But my male stays glued to me and has to lay next to the bed and the female has to be on the bed.

I am not a big crate person either. However, I do have theirs in the master and when we sleep in there my male will go in own his own and sleep, I don’t close the door. It is covered and is his Den.

These guys are highly pack animals (I think I said that right) they want to be with everyone.

I agree with H2F   -   They need company.  Mine are not allowed upstairs during the day, but come up at night when I go to bed.   One sleep in the bedroom and the other sleeps on the landing by the top of the stairs.

Huskies are sociable and don’t like to be on their own, it’s part of their make up to work along side us humans, they can rely on our body language to give them guidance, my 2 watched me like a hawk when they were pups and sometimes I don’t have to say anything and they know what to do. Mine come upstairs at night and they both start off on the bed and then one goes down to lie by the front door and the other sleeps at the side of the bed. I was always one of those that said ‘no dogs in the bedrooms’ but soon changed my mind when I realised they just want to be near us and they’re much more settled at night. I agree with the ‘big baby’ saying, I sometimes say it, but it’s more than that, he might not want to sleep on your bed but just having access to upstairs when you’re upstairs so he can be close by will settle him.

Sent from my iPad using Husky Owners

Archived