ACL Surgery

kchesney8

Not ACL surgery, but my girl had TPLO. After the surgery, you have to watch him 24 hours for the next two weeks at least- I'm not exaggerating !  No jumping, no running, no walking by himself and he needs to be on a leash at all times even inside the house unless he's in a crate.  If Tuff isn't good at taking medicines, it would be nice to have cheese, hot dogs, baby food paste and some other things for 3 or 4 kinds of medicines come home with him.  If you're thinking about physical therapy, I recommend looking for a rehab facility in advance and make a reservation if possible -we had to wait for a month to get in.  Hope Tuff has a very speedy recovery !

10 minutes ago, BBava said:

Not ACL surgery, but my girl had TPLO. After the surgery, you have to watch him 24 hours for the next two weeks at least- I'm not exaggerating !  No jumping, no running, no walking by himself and he needs to be on a leash at all times even inside the house unless he's in a crate.  If Tuff isn't good at taking medicines, it would be nice to have cheese, hot dogs, baby food paste and some other things for 3 or 4 kinds of medicines come home with him.  If you're thinking about physical therapy, I recommend looking for a rehab facility in advance and make a reservation if possible -we had to wait for a month to get in.  Hope Tuff has a very speedy recovery !

Thanks, I'm home with them all day so he won't be alone, and he enjoys his crate so it shouldn't be a big issue.  He does pretty well taking his meds if I wrap it in a piece of turkey bacon or lunch meat.  Anything else and he just spits it out.  LOL  We live in a small town so there is no physical therapy for animals here.  The vet gave us a plan on rehab with massages and slow walking.  We are trying to get it done soon so he doesn't miss too much of winter and before the ice comes.

Thanks everyone.  I just called the vet and he is scheduled for Thursday the 8th for his surgery.  He will be able to come home that day which is good for him, me and his sissy.  Aspen has never spent 1 day without her brother and Tuff has only spent 3 days away from me his whole life and he's 7.  

• 2 weeks later...

Surgery is tomorrow and I have been busy getting everything ready.  Baby gates up, all of his crate blankets and bedroom blankets washed.  Steaming the floors and vacuuming.  He goes in at 8:30am tomorrow and I will worry every second  that he is there until they call me to tell me he is done.  

On 11/11/2018 at 8:28 AM, 2Huskyfun said:

How’s Tuff boing?

His leg is looking A LOT better.  There was a lot of swelling and bruises after but it is looking good.  He had to stay the night at the vets which has caused a lot of separation anxiety.  Even if he can see me when I step outside he freaks.  We go back to the vet on Friday for a checkup and get his temp to make sure he has no infection.  We had some bleeding the 2nd day home but we got it stopped.  We pulled my bed into the living room and all of us are sleeping together so he can get some sleep.  It seems to be working really well.  He's not a fan of the cone of shame but he only have to wear it to bed.  He follows way to close with it on and there is a cone up my butt every night.  Starting to feel violated.  LOL  

46056252_10156821844794660_9116779465488

46049008_10156820359669660_5136181677948

6 hours ago, chelseafan said:

Awww, lovely pics, he looks so chilled, hope his recovery goes well.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

YA the chill has worn off.  LOL.  It's his favorite time of  the year.  The air is cold and all he wants to do it sit outside with his nose in the air.  BUT.......he's only supposed to be outside on his leash with me, and well mom has to put on 20 layers to go sit outside.  So now he just sits at the back door and barks and barks.  So ya the chill is soooo gone.  

1 week post surgery and everything is looking good. We had a quick check in at the vets tonight. He seems to be healing well.....just driving his mom nuts BUT what's new. 7 weeks to go.  We no longer have to wear the cone of shame to bed.  THANK GOODNESS!!!!  Next apt is next Friday.  

10 hours ago, kchesney8 said:

1 week post surgery and everything is looking good. We had a quick check in at the vets tonight. He seems to be healing well.....just driving his mom nuts BUT what's new. 7 weeks to go.  We no longer have to wear the cone of shame to bed.  THANK GOODNESS!!!!  Next apt is next Friday.  

That is so awesome! Next 7 weeks will be (tuff 😝) keeping him down. 🤪.

Archived