Loki the 1 yo Husky/Malamute mix

LokiTheTrickster

Welcome to the pack, humpunf is usually just over excitement , if the other dogs and owners don't mind just leave him to it or remove him till he's calm then let him go again , he'll soon realise that level of hyperness means the fun stops

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

It takes a couple of months for the hormones to get out of his system. Exspecially since he is 1. 

My male would do nothing but hump his sister and all his play mates. I also noticed signs of him starting to be aggressive. (That is why we nurtured him at 4 months). It was getting insane.

It took about a month for the humping to stop and then shortly after that he stopped being snappy. There was also a huge decrease in all around temperament. 

It will take time.

Hi, he’s gorgeous, look at that face! It’s usually due to excitement and can be stress related or dominance, the longer it goes on the harder it is to eliminate the behaviour. I’d limit his interaction with other dogs until you have the mounting under control, it could create a fight if he does it to a mature dog.

Sent from my iPad using Husky Owners

Perfect! Thank you all for the tips! When I’m walking him I usually limit his interactions with other dogs by holding him close and just letting him greet but not have too much control. I just need to be patient haha

another question we got him and he has a lot of matted hair what do you suggest to fix this? Take him to petsmart? We can’t bathe him for another week anyways.

[emoji252][emoji252][emoji252]WELCOME ABOARD[emoji252][emoji252][emoji252]
LOKI is absolutely stunning!! I love his "lion's mane" around his face. Since he was just neutered, testosterone is still in his system for about 2 months. Plus, he's only a year old, so he has TONS of energy & excitement stored in him. Some good walks daily will help him release that energy. You can play games with him with a rope (play Tug-Of-War), kick a ball, Hide n Seek, play Chase where you chase him or be chased, etc. Then he'll need mental stimulation games like dog puzzles, hide a milk bone in a room to find it, etc.
You have a beautiful boy!! Thank you for adopting such a precious baby!!
Don't forget to send lots of photos!!
[emoji191][emoji252][emoji171]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Husky Owners mobile app

My desexed 8-year-old FEMALE husky Mayo humps every dog in the dog park. It's a dominance thing. Most dog parents find it hilarious especially once they figure out Mayo is female, and most dogs themselves either don't mind or can defend themselves by fighting back or running away. We don't let her hump vulnerable dogs (e.g. very old, smaller, terrified, etc.), but otherwise can't seem to discourage her too much other than pulling her off dogs when she does it. :P 

Archived