Note to self.

2Huskyfun

Do not attempt to walk pups on even a slightly windy day. 🤣

With every leaf that blow by... off I went. 

One pup going after one in one direction and the other going the other way after a different leaf.

I think we were outside for 15 minutes and both pups are exhausted and I am ready for a drink. Hehheee 

Everything is fun when they’re pups [emoji1] you could try using a neckline when you’re walking them together, I use one for my 2, it stops them dragging you off in different directions and keeps them focused when they’re walking.

Sent from my iPad using Husky Owners

I am training my husband how to walk them.(he has never owned a dog before- I brought my two rescues into the relationship when they were older and fully trained, so he thought dogs just came naturally trained 😂)

They totally take advantage of him and  revert back to bad behavior. 

My daughter helps out when she is around.

I’ll see how they do on the neckline. I normally have to have one on one side and the other on the other so they don’t go down the street mouthing at each other. They have started getting better thou.

I started walking them one either side but they’d smell something and they’d be darting off in different directions [emoji33] with a neckline they have to go one way, a lot easier on your arms aswell.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

I have walked all four of my dogs (3 are Huskies, 2 are over 70 lb. Huskies) at once, but am not a big fan of it because I always think bad things could happen. Luckily for me though, they no longer pull that much but I do have prong collars on them (I know, I know) for their own safety. If a small dog approached me (or any small animal for that matter), I need to be able to control them so no one gets hurt.

I prefer taking 2 and having my domestic partner walk the other 2. Much safer that way, but sadly, not always possible given schedules etc.

I have been told over and over to get my male on a prong. I don’t know why I am having an issue with doing it. I am not against them if used correctly. I guess that’s my issue, I have never been shown how to use one.

From what I understand they are safer then chokers which is what I am using now.  Especially In times of him throwing fits. 

I just know I can match him (for now) at least long enough to release some pressure off of the choker. 

How does that work if he is in a prong?

I have been told over and over to get my male on a prong. I don’t know why I am having an issue with doing it. I am not against them if used correctly. I guess that’s my issue, I have never been shown how to use one.
From what I understand they are safer then chokers which is what I am using now.  Especially In times of him throwing fits. 
I just know I can match him (for now) at least long enough to release some pressure off of the choker. 
How does that work if he is in a prong?

I use prongs on two of mine and have so since they were in training. I was taught how to use them and they have never been I injured or in pain because of them. I know they are controversial but if you learn how to use them I think they are effective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mine are big boys, 13 stone between them and we live in mid wales, plenty of sheep, squirrels, hundreds of cats, and husky’s being husky’s naturally want to drag you to these animals [emoji33][emoji849]. I honestly think training and lots of it, is the way to go, if you want to be able to control them without the aid of prongs etc. Safety is paramount when you’re out walking for us and for them and mine will pull but when I say wait, they wait, I have to have eyes everywhere, like they do, and they do get better as they mature. Have a look on indi dog at head harnesses, I’ve used them, they’re much softer around the snout and you clip the lead on at the back of the head, I don’t use them for all of their walks, just when we’re in areas with squirrels and sheep and only because I’m having my hip replaced in dec, easier for me to walk them and more control.

Sent from my iPad using Husky Owners

The boy hates the Gentle Leader/ head halty. He grinds his teeth. 

We have also used the front lead harness. He flips and screams with it. Actually came out of it during one of his fits. 

He does ok with a normal harness and long line as long as nothing cool happens. Once he is in the zone, there is no control.

Choker has been the only thing that I have half of a chance of getting him to listen.

About two days ago we were able to go all the way around the block after 30 minutes of some excitement. Didn’t have muzzles on. YAY. 

But everyday is different and never know how the walks are going to go. 

They’re still young so a way to go yet with walking nicely, Indi dog head harness is slightly different to the head halti, easier in their snouts, the younger you put them on the better, mine hated them at first but now no problems. I tried the walk your dog with love, (I think that’s the name), for Luka blue, it used to be like walking a freight train with him but that didn’t make a difference. You just have to find what works for you. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

This is how we walk ours: our own make of double lead with neck link attached to our own walking belt. Hands free so I can take photos, pulling from my hips so low centre of gravity so never get pulled over and anyway dogs become self-regulating as they usually pull in different directions!

IMG_7368FB.jpg

Archived