Ignoring Me Like Nothing

Ruthy

Hi Everyone,

I need help! My 81 days puppy is ignoring me like i am not existing. Even i pat him, there is no reaction. When I prepare his foods, he is not reacting when I call him. I need to lift him to his food. He has with another non-husky dog(my dog too) in my house. he is playing with that dog, but he is not playing with me. I am sad that he did not recognized me as his owner. he is about 10 days in my fold. Any recommendation? Thank you for your good answer. 

That was my female to a T. It is so heart breaking!

When I got my brother and sister, the boy bonded with me and sister bonded with him. Never once  acknowledging I was alive. Every time any of us try to pet or play with her she runs away, doesn't listen, nothing.

Loves strangers, runs up with ears back and wags her tail. But could careless about anyone in the house...

Now she is 8 months. She is happy and will greets us when we come home, but then runs off. Runs when we try to leash her (I have been making her come to me with treats and that has been helping a lot) I also have been seeing that the more I work with her on the basics the more  tolerant she is of me and others in the house. She has also started jumping on the couch and laying close to me. However, if I touch her she will jump down and lay as far away as possible. 

Basically, just keep working with him. Don't push him.

I respect her space and accepted that she is just the way she is.  She is very slowly coming around on her own.

10 days is not very long!  Too early to lose hope 🙂

i agree with bingblaze and skyla... call him to you and give him little treats for coming, play tug, throw things for him to chase...I am sure he will start to notice you! Also sometimes you can take him on his own short walks without the other dog?

he may just always be an aloof dog though...Mine loves me, but is not “cuddly”- he likes his own space.

It is heartbreaking. 

However, do not lose hope! Spend as much time with him as possible and love him.

Even though she is stand offish, there still has been improvements and she cracks us up!

Too Cute 7 weeksIMG_1838.thumb.JPG.5ab450e340b46d4d652c06aed6c52dc5.JPG

Always the first to check things out

IMG_1876.thumb.PNG.54fea19583dccf49dec44d396b69802a.PNG

Is comfy enough to sleep anytime 

IMG_1890.thumb.JPG.fc0ed44757211804e700fcca637f0280.JPG

Passed out on the car ride home from day care

IMG_1898.thumb.JPG.cbe28b19c6891b996690baa9887f0baf.JPG

Suckales on her paw

IMG_2016.thumb.JPG.d36221b16621957fa12f51f58c5555a5.JPG

As long as she thinks I am asleep she will curl up next to me... but the second she thinks I know she is sleeping by me she jumps down.

IMG_2057.thumb.JPG.f1ac7e4825a6cf905c3adbf90a36efc4.JPG

I was never in the room LOL

IMG_2059.thumb.JPG.35520657daed05f473b2f548c00ba136.JPG

May not be demanding of me but has no issues bossing brother around 🤣

IMG_2107.thumb.JPG.e7994aa49a62ce97aa492edcc42be0a9.JPG

Loves her brother

IMG_2115.thumb.JPG.63bab838f6baa44dfbd848b1cba395b7.JPG

Her time being alone 

IMG_2117.thumb.JPG.4fbf225739e890c7494736efa5a7000c.JPG

Don't give up on him. It takes time. 

I have three huskies but one of mine Yukon is like that. If he were my only one I’d have a complex cause he doesn’t greet me or really want attention. But I think training and just spending time will help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Your puppy still looks pretty young. He will need time to adjust to your house, yard, people, visitors. It's a big world for a young puppy. One-on-one training or playing is good for bonding here & there.
Keep some non-edible hard chew bones around in different rooms in case someone else is watching him...he should hopefully chew on the bones and not pillows. Lots of toys inside & outside.
I don't know his name, but it can take awhile for him to learn his own name. Say his "name first" whenever you want/show him what you want him to do.
Keep loving on him & don't get disappointed if he doesn't seem to show love back. The love will come in time. (My female we adopted at 8mths. She was so shy, nontrusting & not very confident. We have built up her confidence, she loves her brother Husky, and she loves to give love & receive love.) I really think it just takes time for dogs to adjust to their forever homes.
Puppies kind of have selected hearing, are stubborn & don't care to listen to what we're saying...that's because they have to learn English/any language vs Husky talk. Talk to him a lot & tell him everything you're doing like, say his "Name, let's go outside to potty," etc.
Also, as@Wolfpup mentioned, maybe he cannot hear you. You can give him an at home hearing test with different voice/sound pitches. You'll see his ears move when he's listening to you. If not, I'd take him for a hearing test from the Vet.
What beautiful babies you have!![emoji191][emoji191][emoji4]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Husky Owners mobile app

Archived