Do Huskies like to bath? Does your husky like to bath?

Naveen7070

My boy definitely doesn't , it's really a hard time to give him a bath.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

I only ever have ours washed at the groomers to get rid of loose hair. So she only ever gets washed twice a year or at the kennel when she stays there while we are on holiday. They say she loves the bath which I can understand as she really enjoys playing under the hose when I'm watering!

My girl likes to blow bubbles in the water. She was tolerant of the one bath she has gotten.

The male hates it! The one time I took them to get groomed because their skin was itchy, he ended up with staples in his leg. 😡 (Long story and in the process of pressing charges) 

Cai hates it, after we left the groomer last year he smelt gorgeous and he purposely rubbed in Fox poop straight after, Luka blue hates it so I don’t do it anymore, they get stressed so I use a bowl of warm water and natural dog shampoo and sponge them down, they let me do it with no fuss and I dry them off afterwards which they both enjoy, they both lift their legs and turn over for me without me asking them [emoji1]

Sent from my iPad using Husky Owners

All of my dogs hate baths.
Ice and pepper I can manage occasionally with the help of peanut butter but Bear I can’t bathe for love not money. We’ve given up even trying tbh.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

We couldn't even get Lunar into the bathroom   -   he was 12 years old when he had his first bath  (and his last)  and that was at the groomers   -   it took 3 of us to get him into the walk-in bath.    Marley does not like it -  we get wetter than he does.   Marley refuses to blow his coat  - and rarely lets me anywhere near him nowadays with any sort of brush  -  and if he sees the undercoat rake God help us  -  so I take him to the groomers when his coat is getting out of control  (i.e.  when its get too thick) and they always bath him first.    Strangely enough the one area he will let me brush (for around a minute) is his tail  -  the hair on his tail is extremely long and gets matted easily if I dont keep it under control

1073130308_P1010937(Copy).thumb.JPG.272a3ce95b4c5301b1bf27b9dd705d2c.JPG820437877_P1010938(Copy).thumb.JPG.22c6e65d42cc383c5bfe38977d662a82.JPG

2 hours ago, wolfpup said:

We couldn't even get Lunar into the bathroom   -   he was 12 years old when he had his first bath  (and his last)  and that was at the groomers   -   it took 3 of us to get him into the walk-in bath.    Marley does not like it -  we get wetter than he does.   Marley refuses to blow his coat  - and rarely lets me anywhere near him nowadays with any sort of brush  -  and if he sees the undercoat rake God help us  -  so I take him to the groomers when his coat is getting out of control  (i.e.  when its get too thick) and they always bath him first.    Strangely enough the one area he will let me brush (for around a minute) is his tail  -  the hair on his tail is extremely long and gets matted easily if I dont keep it under control

1073130308_P1010937(Copy).thumb.JPG.272a3ce95b4c5301b1bf27b9dd705d2c.JPG820437877_P1010938(Copy).thumb.JPG.22c6e65d42cc383c5bfe38977d662a82.JPG

OMG may I have some of his tail fur for my boy Viggo? Poor Viggo has lost most of the fur in his tail... it is so thin and looks pathetic. He had an overactive violet gland... stud tail I guess they call it. Luckily the long hair that remains on his tail covers his bald spot.

All of my dogs hate baths.
Ice and pepper I can manage occasionally with the help of peanut butter but Bear I can’t bathe for love not money. We’ve given up even trying tbh.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

My Luna hates it too. She turns into a totally different dog as soon as I say, right cmon then bath time. She just plonks her ass down and turns into dead weight. Every time I’m approaching her I try to sound positive and u can see those pleading eyes and the tip of her tail will wag and I have to end up carrying her. She really doesn’t like being brushed or washed anywhere close to her backside or her private area, she has snapped at me a couple times. I always keep one eye on her face and u can see that wrinkling of her snout bearing teeth.
I’m trying to associate the river with having a shower, there has been an issue recently with sewer overflows, either something is blocking it making it overflow almost every time it rains and u can see all the “crap” people flush down the loo. I did get onto Scottish Water and our local MP who have contacted them directly and made a video so I expect that will be fixed very quickly now.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

Aw, Kofu is adorable!

Rumo (76 lbs) is too big and grouchy for us to carry/wrestle into a tub! And our shower stall is too small to have room to work on a dog. 

So, When weather is warm and sunny, we loop his leash around the wooden deck railing and clip him on. Then, hook up long garden hose to kitchen sink faucet,, running warm water,  and feed the hose out to deck. Then wet him down, soap and rinse. He gives a few huge SHAKES, and we let him dry out on his own. We only wash when he starts to smell REALLY doggy ( rare ). 

I bribe him to be brushed, by giving chest/tummy rubs in between every few minutes of brushing. 😀

• 5 months later...
On 10/16/2018 at 8:27 PM, Itsonlyanna96 said:

My huskies love to swim, but hate baths. I found that putting some peanut butter on the wall will help distract them while you wash them. It works wonder for me!

Some people truly think 'outside the box'..... What a clever idea :D

Ours is a real pain when washing I normally just drop her off at the groomer and let them deal with her. Last time I was there I stayed and just let her luck a frozen peanut butter Kong which eased the noise and fuss. I liken the noise to a dying seagull [emoji23]Resized_Screenshot_20180530-135529.jpeg

Archived