Secret Santa 2018

Jay

Hello everyone,

For our new members, in the past we have held a secret Santa gift exchange, and we will try to do that again this year.  Below I will outline how it works.  Participation is encouraged, but only commit to it if you really plan on buying a gift.  In the past we had required members who have had a certain amount of posts, but I will not make that requirement.  Last year we had good luck with everyone getting something I believe.  So here is how it will work:

Add your name in the comments below if you are interested.  I will accept names through November 10, 2018.  When adding your name indicate what regions you want to exchange with.  The options are:

UK Only

US Only

North America Only (US, Canada, Mexico)

Anywhere (if you want to participate and have a preference message me)

Around the first of November, I will randomly match people up, and send a message to everyone asking for your shipping address

Once I have the list, I will post a separate topic asking for likes/dislikes, such as if you prefer gifts for yourself or your dogs, if your dog has a special diet or allergies (i.e. grain free, no rawhide)

Around mid-November I will send another message of the name and address of the person who you will be buying for. 

Try and have your item(s) sent by early December, especially if you are shipping overseas.  What I have done in the past is purchase them from an online store and have it gift-wrapped and sent directly to the person.  However you can do it however you prefer.  Just don't announce who you have or what you purchased. 

When you get your Secret Santa gift, DONT open until December 24th. 

The spending limit is $15 USD (or approximately £10) (or feel free to make your own gifts if you are so inclined)

If you have any questions please let me know.

I would love too but cannot. [Just found out my husband has cancer and having a very serious surgery 06 Nov. My Dad is also having a serious surgery 28 Oct. So I'll be helping them throughout the holidays.]
It will be nice to see what everyone receives from Santa!!
[emoji318][emoji4]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Husky Owners mobile app

1 hour ago, ARMANI & ALINAH said:

I would love too but cannot. [Just found out my husband has cancer and having a very serious surgery 06 Nov. My Dad is also having a serious surgery 28 Oct. So I'll be helping them throughout the holidays.]
It will be nice to see what everyone receives from Santa!!
emoji318.pngemoji4.png

Stay strong. Don't forget to take care of you.

Not sure if you can get this in your state... ask the Docs about CBD. It really helps with the treatment.

@2HuskyFun ~ Thanks very much for your kind words!! I will check out the CBD...I believe it's in Hemp Oil and capsules, etc. I ordered the Hemp Oil awhile back from Amazon for inflammation. Any help is greatly appreciated!! And yes, I really do need to keep myself strong... I'm just having horrific anxiety about it all and pray I can health both AJ & my Dad. We are going to brings the holidays to the patients while they are recovering.
It will be nice to see what you Husky Owners get from your Secret Santas...and not to open any gifts until 24 December. Oh the fun & exciting suspense!!
[emoji318][emoji319]🦌🦌[emoji4]

Hehheee, I normally celebrate Hanukkah. We have since I was 3. However, I just did the DNA thing and found out I have no Jewish connections, I am 63% Czech and 38% Russian. LOL. So I am leaving it up to the family to decide what they want to do. I enjoy the history of both.

I have never used Hemp. I get straight CBD. Be careful of all the companies out there. You'll pay, but for cancer it is worth getting good quality.

Great for pets! **** Great gift idea*** 😜 (Not for me... I have a local grower) 

If its legal in your State  -  get him a medical cannabis card  -   that way you can get the best one for him  -   with people who are trained in growing and producing the different strains.    Try contacting Amazon John   (Olivia Newton John's hubby)  he has a medical growers licence and is extremely knowledgeable and could maybe put you in touch with someone.  He is treating her reoccurence of breast cancer solely with cbd this time round.

I am in UK only and tjis year items will be sent reg'ed or recorded after last years cock up with the gifts. Oh i forgot to say I made a 20 quid donation to Hope Rescue a local pet aid charity to me for compensation  to last years mess as well

I forgot to mention they we need at least 10 participants to make this happen. Right now we have 6, 7 if you count me, which I will join in if we have an odd amount. . So we need at least 3 more to participate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• 4 weeks later...

OK so I only have 6 participants that have signed up, and it is already the middle of November.  Given the time constraints and not having enough people, I will unfortunately have to cancel it for this year. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/18/2018 at 8:42 AM, PaulG said:

I am in UK only and tjis year items will be sent reg'ed or recorded after last years cock up with the gifts. Oh i forgot to say I made a 20 quid donation to Hope Rescue a local pet aid charity to me for compensation  to last years mess as well

Lovely gesture and we appreciate it XXX not been around here much lately with Charlie being ill and passing so totally missed the call for this year.   We have donated gifts to our local dogs trust (where both our boys hailed from) instead this year happy Christmas to all our precious friends.

Archived