Hello there, my name's Heath. I'm  a brand new husky owner. I already had a border collie/lab mix that is almost 4 years old that has been an amazing dog. I had been looking for a dog that would make a good playmate for him when I came across a Siberian Husky puppy. I adopted him about 2 weeks ago and things are going great so far. He's very fun, playful and happy all the time. Fawkes (my new husky pup) and Linux (border collie/lab) are already best friends and I'm extremley happy I got him. He's a red and he was born on 7-18-2018. I look forward to getting to know you all and learning some more about huskies along the way!

IMG_20181006_171236.jpg

IMG_20181006_171736.jpg

IMG_20181003_211139.jpg

• Like 2

1070950024_HOWelcome.jpg.8e2dbb070488e45396b2565d3baa15c0.jpg  TO  1523659820_HOBanner.thumb.png.29bac48053111b1e9f1a21b5d26c1715.png

Welcome to husky owners

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Welcome to the forum    -     one thing to remember about huskies  -  never, never, never let him off lead.

5 hours ago, wolfpup said:

Welcome to the forum    -     one thing to remember about huskies  -  never, never, never let him off lead.

Welcome!! Your boy is gorgeous. I am partial for reds though. :-)

I'm going to 2nd the above post. Your lab/border collie is probably wonderful off-lead. My domestic partner had a border collie that was frankly the smartest and most obedient dog I have ever met. Huskies are like the complete opposite. They are smart, but can never be trusted off-lead.

So cute!!! Welcome

1 If you notice loose or watery stool. Check how much you are feeding. I spent way too much money at the vets and put my pups on every med, to just figure out that I was feeding too much 😖They don't eat as much as other dogs.

2 Huskies are very smart. Start working with him on the basics. There will be days he will look at you like he has no clue what you are asking or flat ignores you. But he knows... just a Husky thing. 🤣 But hopefully you can keep his mind busy enough to get through the teething. 

3 If you are a crate person, now is the time to really work on that. I wish I took it more seriously and worked more with mine on it. 

That's just the first things I can think of off hand with new Sibs.