Loving the fake grass......

chelseafan

Can i ask a newbie question here. I’ve always wondered how do you keep the fake grass clean? Does the dog poop dry and get stuck on it? I’ve been wondering about that aspect of fake grass for a while but I don’t know anyone who has it to ask

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Can i ask a newbie question here. I’ve always wondered how do you keep the fake grass clean? Does the dog poop dry and get stuck on it? I’ve been wondering about that aspect of fake grass for a while but I don’t know anyone who has it to ask

My mum picks it up and if it's sloppy just washes it through

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

There’s a pet disinfectant spray you can buy, we use that! And stuck poop can be washed off :) any dead leaves have to be brushed up too otherwise it causes moss

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

I don't want to poo poo the fake grass (pun intended) but there are a number of health concerns not to mention the environmental impact regarding the production and use of the stuff. I'm not here to be a goody save the planet but just throwing it out there my thoughts
https://sustainablerossmoor.org/artificial-grass/

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

I’ve been brushing it to clean it and my 2 poop on the clippings further down.
Thanks for the link, thankfully mine is lying on concrete slabs but it was an interesting read.

Clippings not clippings [emoji849]

chippings, bloody predictive text

I never even contemplated fake grass... I dug out all of my real grass one day and decided we were getting it replaced with stones. All my neighbours and us have a huge tree problem, the 2 properties on the other side of our back gardens have 8 trees all at least 50ft high. We stay in 4 in a block houses and one of the trees is almost touching the roof of the upstairs neighbour. All our garden get tons of leaves. I looked into it and there is a high hedge law, if the trees are blocking natural sunlight and satellite signals then we can do something about it. Before going to them though we have to try and get it resolved ourselves but I suck at talking face to face so I have put it off.
Well this turned from being about the dogs to a rant about over the back neighbouring properties lol

I had a huge tree at the front of my house that blocked out the daylight from my front room window and my sons bedroom window, it took numerous phone calls and 9 months later it was cut down, the mess that the leaves left [emoji33]

I use turf in their dog run.

Thank You petertmartin for the info.

Since I am in the desert I was concerned with the heat. During this last summer (our first with the pups and using it) I did notice it got really hot and it did have an oder. 

I would go out every morning and clean up poop and then spray it down with water. Luckily my pups were babies and slept during the heat of the day. We also put pavers around the sides and the pups will walk on those until they find a spot to go.

I do like the fact they can't dig (takes too long and I catch them in time) and eat the rocks that are in our ground here. Plus, I trained them to only go out there to potty and not to hangout and play. LOL

For anyone thinking of getting it: My pups at first would get little pieces of the turf. Luckily it was easy for them to pass. I would caution regarding the long strips of strings they can get.

The AstroTurf looks awesome...like real grass!! (Nice doggy photo too!!)[emoji847]
I'd spray it w/a power sprayer to get all factory dust/particles off.
Fake grass would not last at our house.[emoji914]️ My two would immediately know smelling([emoji103][emoji103]) that it's fake, chewing[emoji16] & ripping it up[emoji849]... becoming a humongous yard toy!!
[emoji103][emoji16][emoji191][emoji191][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Husky Owners mobile app

Archived