New Husky guy

Tom2740

Hi everyone, thanks for having me. I just adopted a female 2 year old husky 2 weeks ago. I am going to have a lot of questions. 😄

she is a very sweet dog and very gentle, fits right in with my lab, shepherd, and yorkie. Don’t ask I also have a lot of kids. My first question is what color do you think she is? First husky so I am starting to learn about them. Training is going well in the house so far. I heard these dogs can’t be of lease because they run. We will work on that. She’s learning very quickly from the other dogs. Thanks!

F2673DEA-F6C8-41BA-96C2-8EE37DDA0681.jpeg

B9232CA9-11D5-4652-8CFD-8BFB9302E703.jpeg

A96F1E3B-40CD-4B17-933C-5CEF6EF9369D.jpeg

Yes,   looks dark red to me too.     Work as hard as you want with off leash training   -  just don't do it for real.    Only time off leash is in a really secure dog park or tennis court   (minimum 6ft fences)  -  it just isn't worth the risk.

Hi, she looks a dark copper, she’s gorgeous.
As mentioned NEVER off leash, not only will husky’s just run, they can run into traffic and could cause a crash, owners are liable, and too many husky’s have been shot by farmers. It’s in a husky to run, no amount of training will correct this, it’s up to us as owners to keep our furbabies safe, all husky owners and organisations say never off leash. We take ours to an off lead field so they have their off lead freedom and it’s completely safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Aww, she (name??) is stunning!![emoji169]
She looks to be a mix of Sieb Husky colors of wolf gray and copper...just gorgeous!!
If she seems different outside, it's the excess of energy Huskies have and a lot of wildness in her.[emoji23] Take her on some walks (on leash[emoji4]) to help release some of that high energy she has or play some doggie games with her like: chase her, you run and have her chase you, Hide & Seek, etc. Mental stimulation is really good and needed like puzzle dog games, training her for 10 minutes at a time with some treats to do sit, shake, lie down, etc. She looks like a total sweetheart!![emoji175]
[emoji252][emoji252][emoji252] WELCOME ABOARD [emoji252][emoji252][emoji252]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Husky Owners mobile app

On 10/10/2018 at 7:25 PM, ARMANI & ALINAH said:

Aww, she (name??) is stunning!!emoji169.png
She looks to be a mix of Sieb Husky colors of wolf gray and copper...just gorgeous!!
If she seems different outside, it's the excess of energy Huskies have and a lot of wildness in her.emoji23.png Take her on some walks (on leashemoji4.png) to help release some of that high energy she has or play some doggie games with her like: chase her, you run and have her chase you, Hide & Seek, etc. Mental stimulation is really good and needed like puzzle dog games, training her for 10 minutes at a time with some treats to do sit, shake, lie down, etc. She looks like a total sweetheart!!emoji175.png
emoji252.pngemoji252.pngemoji252.png WELCOME ABOARD emoji252.pngemoji252.pngemoji252.png

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Husky Owners mobile app

Thank you for the info. Ella is her name. Her and my shepherd are the best of friends (both younger female dogs) and they play like 2 nuts. We go on long walks and she is very well behaved. I told my wife no dogs in the bed. I have absolutely no power in my house. Interestingly One of my sons had her out back and she saw some deer and broke her collar and ran after them into the woods. My son said after about  5 min. she came trotting back. She may have missed all the action with the other dogs. Either way looks like we got lucky. 

C2D5F67C-FB79-4F6A-A370-BBE3E74F5BF7.jpeg

Archived