Hi husky peeps! Thanks for having me!

kellydh

Hey everyone!  I'm brand new here and would like to introduce myself, and of course, my husky! :)  My name is Kelly, and I'm from Owings, MD.  I am mom to Floki, a nine month old husky boy who we adopted from our SCPA at 12 weeks old.  He's a typical husky (we had another husky a long time ago, and were already familiar with their "unique" traits and habits, lol!)  He's hyper, stubborn, playful, strong, boneheaded, sweet, loving and very vocal!  I am also mom to 5 daughters, one pig, and a cat, lol!  Needless to say, our household is quite the adventure!  Here are some pics of my Floki-Loki, from puppy stage to present!

f2.jpg

f1.jpg

f3.jpg

f4.jpg

f5.jpg

Thank you all!  I just love him to death, even though he's like Dennis the Menace, lol!  Since he is a rescue, I don't know anything about his breeder, but I believe he was taken from his mama too soon.  He's been very mouthy since we got him, which we have made progress with and continue to work on.  He also sometimes gets too rough when he's really excited.  So that's why I'm here (other than the obvious reason of seeing your GORGEOUS fur baby pics!), to learn some productive tips and tricks for turning my Floki boy into a better behaved young man! :) 

By the way, is everyone else's husky a contortionist, or is it just mine, lol? We call him pretzel dog!

f6 (2).jpg

On 9/28/2018 at 11:52 PM, Shepsky5 said:

He is beautiful ( and flexible)! 

I never thought I would be writing this sentence but...

how is your husky with the pig?!

(he does not see the pig as prey? Mine gets overly excited around chickens and deer...)

Because pigs are prey animals, we knew we would need to find a puppy rather than a juvenile or adult husky, so that he could grow up with our piggy and view him as a pack member instead of a meal, lol!  They do speak different languages though, so they are never left alone together.  Floki constantly wants to play with Lip (the pig), but Lip isn't a fan of having his ears and backside chewed on.  And when Lip tries to teach Floki his place in his herd (by making him move with his snout), Floki thinks it's an invitation to play.  So basically, the dog loves the pig, and the pig tolerates the dog, lol!  It's an interesting dynamic for sure!

boys.jpg

On 10/8/2018 at 11:25 AM, Shepsky5 said:

What an interesting pet combo!  Cute photo of them.

( Rumo and I once met a lady who told us that she had a pet pig...
she said he was very smart, housetrained in 2 days...faster than her dog 🙂

Thanks!  Yes, they are super smart- my pig was house trained in two days as well, and that was at 12 weeks old.  He rings a bell to go outside, and taught Floki to ring it too, lol!  

Archived