UtI and more ...

Luna-tic

Luna started weeing way too much so we went to the Vet who said without a urine test she could diagnose accurately but would start her on antibiotics over 3 days and if she didn’t improve to take her back as it could be crystals (so I’ve read up on those now). As if that wasn’t enough, as far as we can tell she hasn’t pooped in nearly 2 days. As a dog who poops at least twice on each of her walks that’s worrying me a bit. She may have gone in the garden area but it’s tricky to be sure with all the shrubbery and weeds! In herself she is just as normal, isn’t crying or seeming to be in pain. The vet examined her thoroughly and said she could find any sore areas but gave her pain relief anyway which I admit to not having given her. Plus despite my best efforts with weighing her food she has increased by a kilo [emoji849]

Does anyone think there may be more to this, something hormonal maybe?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As for LUNA not having stools for 2 days, it could be the antibiotics slowing down her bowels just a bit. She possibly could be in slight pain though no spots were sore per the Vet. Maybe give her 1 pain pill to see if that will help and see if she goes to the bathroom.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Husky Owners mobile app

As for LUNA not having stools for 2 days, it could be the antibiotics slowing down her bowels just a bit. She possibly could be in slight pain though no spots were sore per the Vet. Maybe give her 1 pain pill to see if that will help and see if she goes to the bathroom.

P.S. Pain pills can cause constipation but giving her one pill shouldn't back her up.

Archived