aldoll

BRUSH RECOMMENDATIONS PLEASE!

Hello from TX!

Recommendations on good brushes? Bowie is almost 6mo and he’s officially started to shed. I’d like a brush that’s not going to ruin his coat and is also enjoyable for him. He’s such a fuzzball. Thanks all!

IMG_2231.JPGIMG_2907.JPGIMG_3025.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

• Like 1

We're not from the same country so I don't know if we have the same brands. I have a double row undercoat rake and it works very well brushing out the thick coat. Mayo isn't a huge fan of being brushed but she'll just have to put up with it! :P

• Like 2

any undercoat rake would be your best bet...also a blower (reverse vacuum cleaner) can be your best friend...

• Like 3

I use a single row undercoat rake  -  Marley's coat is far too long and thick to take a double row - his tail 'hair' is around 9 inches long and resembles a thick fox tail

1608108172_P1010698(Copy).thumb.JPG.c0c7a64bd0bb509fa0e1ab1185bfa8e1.JPG1135709057_P1010937(Copy).thumb.JPG.b6132bd8726b6ad15754afaaa94df737.JPG

• Like 3

Harlow hates being brushed and have tried using a normal pin type brush and single rake which work but with a lot of resistance. Now I just take her to a husky groomer every 6 months because I'm lazy

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

• Like 1

13 hours ago, petertmartin said:

Harlow hates being brushed and have tried using a normal pin type brush and single rake which work but with a lot of resistance. Now I just take her to a husky groomer every 6 months because I'm lazy emoji28.png

I'm always worried they'll shave Mayo if I bring her to one in summer. Do you specify "DO NOT SHAVE" or do you let/want them to do so?

I'm always worried they'll shave Mayo if I bring her to one in summer. Do you specify "DO NOT SHAVE" or do you let/want them to do so?
I was very particular and specified no cutting fur including furninator to the first groomer but then I found one in the book I got from Harlow's breeder which is a sponsor of the WA Husky Association. She has had huskies for 22 years and I never even needed to say a thing she was so good. I'm sure their would be a similar association over there who would have recommended groomers?
Down side is it costs a lot but she just understands huskies so well so I have no hesitation taking her in

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

• Like 1

Marley goes twice a year to get brushed out  - he has never blown his coat, it just gets thicker and thicker  - someone needs to tell him he is a husky!   I was worried when I first took him so insisted I stay  - and I  told them  'nothing with a blade'  combs and brushes only.   I do try and groom him  - but since he got to be an adult he has other ideas.   About once a month he is 'in the mood' and will tolerate it  -  for about 10 mins max.

I use a rake on my 2, I do it daily and 3 times a day when they’re shedding Cai has never had an issue with me raking him but Luka blue hated it as a pup but he’s ok with it now......finally.

Sent from my iPad using Husky Owners

Luna doesn’t like being brushed or washed, particularly her back end and underneath. She has snapped at me twice now so I told her, if u won’t let me wash and brush everywhere then u are banned from swimming in the river... as if..

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners