Cosmo and his height

CosmoKnowsBest

Hi guys, 

So the other day Cosmo and I were at the park, when some lady who owned a golden asked me what breed he was (as if it weren’t obvious), when I told her he was a Husky she quickly told me he had growth issues and that he was way too small for being almost 6 months. 

I guess what she meant is that he’s not really tall. I still felt really offended bc I don’t think I would ever say something mean about another persons dog- they are like children. 

So i wanted to ask you guys if you think cosmo is fine in height and weight for his age. It really is incredible the lack of knowledge regarding these things around here. I had one guy literally tell me that cosmo was just a husky..opposed to his dog who was supposedly a Siberian Husky. From what I’ve researched, they’re one in the same. 

So I’ve uploaded some current pictures of Cosmo and at the bottom I’ll include the “Siberian Husky” as the owner called him. So you all could please give me your opinions on the matter. I’ve also noticed cosmos legs aren’t really long...so idk if they’ll continue to grow or if it’s a sign that he in fact will be a little shorter. 

97F674BB-7E7D-4012-BBB7-6544F5CA2DD4.jpeg

3422CBB6-8823-4FB9-9605-B7181942EE6D.jpeg

C9B1352B-86A3-492A-8791-A27FE8F193D0.jpeg

9AF0F809-96C4-41B9-B574-21A874CD0B15.jpeg

EFE36C64-87D8-48F8-8E0A-9B6EBA0E01F6.jpeg

It’s laughable what some people say about our furbabies [emoji23]
Traditionally husky’s are medium height, my 2 are big so some people think Luka blue is part wolf or whatever else they ask me [emoji33]
Cosmo looks all husky and very handsome, and I’d ignore the comments, smile politely and walk on.
All husky’s differ in size and build and if you’re not worried then don’t give it a second thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

How tall is he ? From floor to withers? People think huskies are much bigger then they actually are and the top male height for breed standard is only 23.5inches from floor to top of shoulders/withers, my girl is a beast at 24 inches but my boy is perfect at 23

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

My Mayo is a tall girl at 60 cm (~23.6"). I've seen all sorts of husky sizes at the dog park and Mayo is one of the largest there. Maybe she has a bit of malamute or other breed in her, or maybe she just has huge parents. Doesn't matter. Big or small she's still our best pup. :) 

Marley is on the small side  -  he is 22"  - but looks smaller somehow  -  he also looks like he has short legs.  When anyone comments that he is small - I usually ask them whether they are confusing a Siberian Husky with an Alaskan Malamute.    I then explain that in a lot of movies Malamutes are used to portray huskies - so people get the wrong idea of the breed standard.

He is the smallest dog I have ever had  (I like BIG dogs)  - but I don't care that he is on the small size  - to me he is the best dog I have ever had - (personality overload notwithstanding).

Archived