New to husky

Mjb

Hi we pick up our own 8wk old male on Saturday. Just wondering what is the best food to feed him and we have been told we can’t bath him for a few more weeks is this correct? Many thanks 

8FC6326A-4387-464B-92E1-C124D6227498.png

What does the breeder have him on? If your doing a swap u wanna keep him on what the breeder does at first and gradually introduce a new food yes it's usually recommended to let them settle in first before a bath , it's a big scary change going to a new home and leaving their family , baths are just an added stress that can wait

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

Gorgeous pup!  as BB&S said  keep him on what the breeder is feeding for the first couple of weeks until he settles in -  then decide yourself if you want to feed raw, wet or dried foods.   There are people on here who feed all three types and can/will happily answer your questions about your chosen methods of feeding.   I and a few others in the UK feed raw  (I fed raw from 12 weeks of age)  and others feed  a mixture of freeze dried,dried, or different types of wet food.

Its up to you to decide what you think is the best  -  no one will tell you that you are wrong to make the decision you make  -  we all do what we think is the best for our furbabies  -  but if you want us to we can guide you and give you advice  -  we are a friendly and passionate bunch about our husky furbabies (and we try not to get opinionated).

Welcome to the forum  -  remember that we LOVE pictures of new puppies so get plenty done when you introduce him.

Thank you I’m sure I’m in good hands as I have read previous posts which have been very helpful. I’m open to any help and advise you can all give me on any areas of caring for our new fluff ball thank yiu

Thank you we brought same food as breader now just another quick one. Is it worth taking a blanket or toy to rub on his mother so he has her smell? Does this help him to be less stressed? Or just take him with nothing? We pick him up on Saturday thanks

Thank you we brought same food as breader now just another quick one. Is it worth taking a blanket or toy to rub on his mother so he has her smell? Does this help him to be less stressed? Or just take him with nothing? We pick him up on Saturday thanks
It can definitely help , some breeders have little blankets or old towels they'll actually send home with the pups but not all so I would take one with u

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

For one dog I took at 6 weeks because his mother had died and the father really didn't want to know the pups  (borzoi) I took a blanket in around 4 days before so he could get the smell of his siblings over time  -  is it possible to get the blanket there today??   That way it will get the smell of his siblings as well.

Thank you. We took blanket and mother had it with her for about half hour while we sorted things out. Seemed to work as Apollo settled really well so please he has. Although tonight will be the test

• 2 weeks later...

I have my dogs on part BARF(raw)/part KIBBLE.

In the morning they get Verus kibble and in the evenings they get all BARF. I have heard it is not good to feed both raw and kibble in the same meal but I have on occasion and my guys have not had any issues. I try not to make a habit of it though.

I buy all of my raw food from www.topqualitydogfood.com (of course, this will only work if you live in certain areas of the East Coast in the US lol).

Archived