Problems with new baby

Rachael_Astro

Its a pity you couldnt get some one on the forum to take him in. If i wasnt maxed out with dogs I might of taken him for a trail period or at least tried to see if he got along with my boys

If anyone was able to take him in I would definitely consider it, I just want him to go to a good home with no children with someone who is home most of the day. I’m not selling him or letting him go to a rescue with kennels

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to hear it's not worked however you and family need peace to reign. I empathise, having had three caesars myself and it IS tiring. I hope Astro finds a goid home, I might have fostered him a while but possibly taking on a third soon, myself, and two new ones would be too much!  Congrats on new family member, just becam a Grandma (3rd time) myself to a second girl! xxx

Sorry to hear it's not worked however you and family need peace to reign. I empathise, having had three caesars myself and it IS tiring. I hope Astro finds a goid home, I might have fostered him a while but possibly taking on a third soon, myself, and two new ones would be too much!  Congrats on new family member, just becam a Grandma (3rd time) myself to a second girl! xxx

Aww congratulations! I did see you enquire about a dog on a husky rescue page on instagram, hope it all works out for you [emoji4]

If we didn't have the rats i'd have taken him in I work part time and my bf works nights so even those he's asleep during the day it's only for a couple of hours no one is actually home default_sad.png

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

Thanks Nix, he’s caught a rat in our back garden before now although it did survive as he dropped it and it had gone when I went back out to rescue it!

Firstly congratulations on baby x (I've not been around for awhile so catching up) seçondly you have been dealing with a very difficult situation whilst being exhausted and recovering from a major operation and you have seen that Astro is not happy and have taken steps to do what is best for him so please don't feel guilty.  You love him enough to let him go XXX.

Thank you so much xxx

I am so sorry Rachael.   I probably would have tried for you  -  but with Lunar's dementia I am having problems between Lunar and Marley as it is   -  not to mention the one remaining cat  -  he used up two of his lives last week  -  trying to push his head into Lunar's muzzle for affection since Angel died.   Very nearly lost his head both times.   Funnily enough Marley lets him do it and even tried to wash his face and kiss him.    I am currently with my son in South Wales  (near Swansea) and hubby did not get any sleep last night with Lunars pacing/panting/panic attacks  -  I just know it would be too much for Lunar to cope with another dog in the house   (and the cat's chances of survival would go down)  -  he's always liked dogs and expects them to feel the same.

Bit late to this but rather than a permanent rehome could you find a foster home with a view to having him back when you are recovered? You could meet up with him occasionally then so the dogs keep in touch? Maybe even a kennel where you visit him, walk him out with all five together then he stays in the kennel perhaps having some train8ng while he’s there? Expensive I guess but less upsetting than having to let him go?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh I'm so sorry. This is heartbreaking. I wish you could keep him somehow. Maybe some new toys or put some fun things in the yard for both dogs to play with. Anyway, I pray you can find him a new home or a temporary one until you recover.
[emoji120][emoji169]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Husky Owners mobile app

I am so sorry Rachael.   I probably would have tried for you  -  but with Lunar's dementia I am having problems between Lunar and Marley as it is   -  not to mention the one remaining cat  -  he used up two of his lives last week  -  trying to push his head into Lunar's muzzle for affection since Angel died.   Very nearly lost his head both times.   Funnily enough Marley lets him do it and even tried to wash his face and kiss him.    I am currently with my son in South Wales  (near Swansea) and hubby did not get any sleep last night with Lunars pacing/panting/panic attacks  -  I just know it would be too much for Lunar to cope with another dog in the house   (and the cat's chances of survival would go down)  -  he's always liked dogs and expects them to feel the same.

Aww thank you, sorry to hear about the problems you are having [emoji17]

• 2 years later...

I understand your problem very well, because my baby felt exactly the same, I couldn't bring him back to normal for a long time, but I managed to do it after several weeks of sleepless nights. Fortunately, my pet is doing well now. I hope yours is too because it is very important for babies to have a good and healthy diet. My puppy is just as poorly fed as my son was when he was little. I had to stop using breast-feeding because he didn't want to, which is why I switched to breast-feeding. https://anyorganics.com/dutch-hipp/9-hipp-dutch-stage-2-organic-combiotik-follow-on-milk-formula-800g-6-12-months-4062300168954.html this is a great product that helps babies grow up healthy

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/1/2020 at 6:12 PM, ScottPreot said:

I understand your problem very well, because my baby felt exactly the same, I couldn't bring him back to normal for a long time, but I managed to do it after several weeks of sleepless nights. Fortunately, my pet is doing well now. I hope yours is too because it is very important for babies to have a good and healthy diet. My puppy is just as poorly fed as my son was when he was little. I had to stop using breast-feeding because he didn't want to, which is why I switched to breast-feeding. https://anyorganics.com/dutch-hipp/9-hipp-dutch-stage-2-organic-combiotik-follow-on-milk-formula-800g-6-12-months-4062300168954.html this is a great product that helps babies grow up healthy

thanks for sharing! I tried it

Archived