Sign in to follow this  
Marc

Official Husky Camp 2019

Marc

List of people attending Husky Camp 2019 - If you book, let us know!

Marc, Sarah & Matthew + 4 dogs
Dunc & Susan
Caroline, Phil, Chesnut + 3 dogs
Andy, Kells, Eden + 1 dog
Lou, Rich + 2 dog
Phil, Ann-Marie + 2 dog
Marianne & Dave + 2 dogs
Gary & Lynn + 2/3 dogs (thats 2 or three. Not 2 thirds)

Barry & Ann  + 2 dogs
Tony & Kathy + 2 dogs
Rachael + 1/2 dogs
Rob & Di + 3 dogs  
Matt & Bev + 6 dogs
Jonathan and Diane + 3 dogs
Erik and Fee + 2 Dogs

Dan & Mowgli.

And Kevin 

31 Adults, 2 children,  34/37 dogs

If you wish to be added to the list of people attending, please post below with names of people, and how many dogs. Only 100% attending please for the list as this is for planning purposes

Message added by Marc

On 3/13/2019 at 6:42 PM, robke said:

We are...when are you arriving...

I was planning on Friday afternoon, but will look at escaping the office Thursday and coming a day early. Will be around then to help others / put up party tent etc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Guinnessman said:

I was planning on Friday afternoon, but will look at escaping the office Thursday and coming a day early. Will be around then to help others / put up party tent etc.

we should be there Thursday afternoon..

• Like 1

We're aiming for early Friday afternoon, but we have some nice comfort static this time :)

• Like 2

Will be there Friday afternoon :)

Marc can you ask Sarah to put our itinerary together if she's doing it please and we need  the equestrian centre booking or we won't be going.

Andy you usually book the equestrian centre  m8 still doing it ?

34 minutes ago, Dunc said:

Marc can you ask Sarah to put our itinerary together if she's doing it please and we need  the equestrian centre booking or we won't be going.

I thought the whiteboard with a list of options worked really well. Had distances, times etc. (whether there is a pub there). Means for the regular excursions, we can swap about based on weather.

But obviously some events need to be fixed / prioritized / pre-booked. Barrys BBQ, Group Dinner (out), Group Dinner (camp), Off-lead

I really like that place we went that was to the East, wasn't Loggerheads, but that direction. Had a really good circular walk that was mobility scooter friendly, had a river running through it with a good 'beach'. Someone must know where I am talking about.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Guinnessman said:

I thought the whiteboard with a list of options worked really well. Had distances, times etc. (whether there is a pub there). Means for the regular excursions, we can swap about based on weather.

But obviously some events need to be fixed / prioritized / pre-booked. Barrys BBQ, Group Dinner (out), Group Dinner (camp), Off-lead

I really like that place we went that was to the East, wasn't Loggerheads, but that direction. Had a really good circular walk that was mobility scooter friendly, had a river running through it with a good 'beach'. Someone must know where I am talking about.

not got a clue what you are on about....LOLOLOL

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Guinnessman said:

Think you might be on about the beach and woodland walk we did at Newborough Beach

1 hour ago, Dunc said:

Think you might be on about the beach and woodland walk we did at Newborough Beach

It was nice there, but not what I was thinking of. Its West, has no river and not very scooter friendly. After staring at Google Maps for a while, I found it. Alyn Waters!

3 minutes ago, Guinnessman said:

It was nice there, but not what I was thinking of. Its West, has no river and not very scooter friendly. After staring at Google Maps for a while, I found it. Alyn Waters!

Alyn Waters is built round a river you clown the name gives it away 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Laughing 1

9 minutes ago, Dunc said:

LOL - That is why I said "had a river running through it" and put beach in inverted commas. ie. flat beach like entry to the river. Kept me busy in my Lunch Break though, trying to find it on google maps.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Guinnessman said:

LOL - That is why I said "had a river running through it" and put beach in inverted commas. ie. flat beach like entry to the river. Kept me busy in my Lunch Break though, trying to find it on google maps.

It is a nice place :)

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Dunc said:

could now be a dry river bed....😀😀

I think we should all go on a steam train ride with the dogs....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, robke said:

could now be a dry river bed....😀😀

Can in Porthmadog it's about 1 and half hours drive on a nice day it's well worth it :)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Guinnessman said:

Sarah is already on it with the walks, in the same way as last time. So will just put a load on a whiteboard. She has come new ones on there too :)  

10 hours ago, Dunc said:

Yeah she on it. Its her that has been booking the off lead too as she has his email address etc, so she gonna sort that

• Like 3

On 1/22/2019 at 5:38 PM, Verrillion said:

1Adult two huskys.

Ill only come for Saturday as seeing the video has decided me . Too many kids running around  for my huskys safety. Ill need to buy another muzzle too. Mine have both been abused by children and hate them. So will have to be on muzzles and keep clear of the rugrats. So wont be fun . Plus I dont drink  . Having said that  all I need to do is park up some where and get panning  in the rivers streams and the treasure wreck to keep me happy. And ive done the exploration and know where to park for free.  

Not sure this is the place for you reading this................

• Like 1

On 1/22/2019 at 5:38 PM, Verrillion said:

1Adult two huskys.

Ill only come for Saturday as seeing the video has decided me . Too many kids running around  for my huskys safety. Ill need to buy another muzzle too. Mine have both been abused by children and hate them. So will have to be on muzzles and keep clear of the rugrats. So wont be fun . Plus I dont drink  . Having said that  all I need to do is park up some where and get panning  in the rivers streams and the treasure wreck to keep me happy. And ive done the exploration and know where to park for free.  

The two amazing, delightful and caring children in the video 

Yes one of them is mine have been brought up with multiple huskies since birth, they know to ask before stroking a strange dog amd are well aware to stay away from reactive dogs.

They have not been an issue in the 4-6 years of the camps they have attended with any of the dogs both at camp and those we meet on walks.

• Like 2

Off lead is now booked. Sunday as normal 1pm to 3pm

• Like 4

could now be a dry river bed....

Yes in Llangollen! Nice walk along the canal in Llangollen too. Also a horse drawn canal boat ride which allows dogs on, I took Astro on that once. And there’s a dog friendly pub there called the Sun Trevor

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

A beach in Wrexham! that did make me chuckle! Although they do have their own weather system in Wrexham it’s always doing something different there to the towns around it, so why not have a beach too!

1 hour ago, jennywhite88 said:

Can I book onto the off lead please even though I’m not camping?

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Of course!! We actually have a few who will come for some of the meets throughout the week, so feel free to come to anything you wish.

• Like 1

Is Pete Docherty a member of this forum  as he was on Tv in Margate showing off off lead huskys on beach at Margate  . Notable for being lead singer of Libertines and herion addict.

Is Pete Docherty a member of this forum  as he was on Tv in Margate showing off off lead huskys on beach at Margate  . Notable for being lead singer of Libertines and herion addict.

I doubt it.

14 hours ago, Verrillion said:

Certainly not that Im aware of. 

Five weeks today everyone!

I have been contemplating switching my phone from Apple to Android before camp so thought I would do some tests. Decided to stick with Apple rather than Android as it is much faster. I asked them both to plot my journey times from home to camp:-

Apple: 3 hours 23 minutes     Android: 3 hours 38 minutes

• Haha 1