Marc

Official Husky Camp 2019

Marc

List of people attending Husky Camp 2019 - If you book, let us know!

Marc, Sarah & Matthew + 3 dogs
Dunc & Susan
Caroline, Phil, Chesnut + 3 dogs
Andy, Kells, Eden + 1 dog
Lou, Rich + 2 dog
Phil, Ann-Marie + 2 dog
Marianne & Dave + 2 dogs
Gary & Lynn + 2/3 dogs (thats 2 or three. Not 2 thirds)

Barry & Ann  + 2 dogs
Tony & Kathy + 2 dogs
Rachael + 1/2 dogs
Rob & Di + 3 dogs

24 Adults, 2 children,  22/24 dogs

If you wish to be added to the list of people attending, please post below with names of people, and how many dogs. Only 100% attending please for the list as this is for planning purposes

Message added by Marc

13 hours ago, Guinnessman said:

Can Ares come as well?

Better had!

• Like 1

Bumping this seeing the new UK members we have...

38 minutes ago, Guinnessman said:

Wondering what to get your Huskies for Christmas? Why not book them a holiday to Husky Camp? Happy Huskies and Happy Humans.

now that is a good idea seeing that they will cost € 26,- each& each way then that is sorted...now how to tell Di...LOLOL

• Like 2

Nice post Marc but not sure as I'll be able to come now. Fancy making us responsible for those we bring. To be fair, I think you may have just ruled yourself out as well. 🤣🤣

• Haha 2

I was thinking of coming last year as the area is of great intrest. Ill book in a week or so  . Ill come early and camp up in the country for a week or two. Team Husky will be hitting the area for GOLD. The area is stiff with gold its the Dolgelau gold belt running through it. Ive a major find in the area to locate .( ive tried to get to spot 20 years before but very tight roads and lanes meant I could not park up what so ever within 5 miles. I was told in Dolgelau by a old man that his grandfather was a member of a prospecting team in Victorian times, They found a major gold vein crossing the river. They found the owner of the mineral rights  and asked permission to buy or rent the rights to establish a goldmine. The  owners said NO. 

They had the mineral rights as a reserve location for other minerals and were not selling. 

Nearby across the water 50 miles is Anglesey and a major treasure wreck called the Royal Charter(google or you tube). I told a goldpanner about a story I d written about it and how id found gold there. That guy Vince Therkettle is now presenting a prog on  C4 welsh about the  discovery. Im after one of the 20,000 sovereigns on the ship all minted in Sydney mint 1859 with little s on them to signifie where minted. They are worth thousands. Its easy to find gold flakes and nuggets at site( seeing possible amount vince has its easier than he makes out.  Only one problem is last time I saw Vince he threatened me and said it was all his. Note in 1974 divers were threatening themselves with knifes and throwing dynamite in water at each other.

I met a diver (not one into violence who showed us artifacts off the wreck) I also showed a policeman a friend ( he knows Vince he had been investigating Vinces activitys in around Dolgellau) the gold to be panned onsite.  Just saying as hopefully I can arrange meeting between police and any threats.   They lost 20000 oz of gold dust its that that is easy to find.There was also 400 400oz bars on board 399 were recovered. Force of storm that sank it made one of them to be virtually welded to a iron beam. Little added piece of info ive found gold coming into the beach half a mile up and gold in beach 15 miles down and around. It had come all that way from Australia with the goldfinds of Bedingo and Ballarat goldfields and sunk on a Welsh gold field. History buffs half a mile up is the largest medieval mine of copper Parys mountain  that has millions of grams of gold in the waste deposits. Note very difficult deposits to extract gold from . 7 million tons of arsenical pyrites and 11 million tons of iron pyrites.  Note on getting to wreck site a few mile walk on sand  from carpark in dunes. Last time I there I had two border collies but had to retreat from wreck site as all the rocks covered in jellyfish. So more excitement than huskys to be had in area.

16 hours ago, Verrillion said:

I was thinking of coming last year as the area is of great intrest. Ill book in a week or so  . Ill come early and camp up in the country for a week or two. Team Husky will be hitting the area for GOLD. The area is stiff with gold its the Dolgelau gold belt running through it. Ive a major find in the area to locate .( ive tried to get to spot 20 years before but very tight roads and lanes meant I could not park up what so ever within 5 miles. I was told in Dolgelau by a old man that his grandfather was a member of a prospecting team in Victorian times, They found a major gold vein crossing the river. They found the owner of the mineral rights  and asked permission to buy or rent the rights to establish a goldmine. The  owners said NO. 

They had the mineral rights as a reserve location for other minerals and were not selling. 

Nearby across the water 50 miles is Anglesey and a major treasure wreck called the Royal Charter(google or you tube). I told a goldpanner about a story I d written about it and how id found gold there. That guy Vince Therkettle is now presenting a prog on  C4 welsh about the  discovery. Im after one of the 20,000 sovereigns on the ship all minted in Sydney mint 1859 with little s on them to signifie where minted. They are worth thousands. Its easy to find gold flakes and nuggets at site( seeing possible amount vince has its easier than he makes out.  Only one problem is last time I saw Vince he threatened me and said it was all his. Note in 1974 divers were threatening themselves with knifes and throwing dynamite in water at each other.

I met a diver (not one into violence who showed us artifacts off the wreck) I also showed a policeman a friend ( he knows Vince he had been investigating Vinces activitys in around Dolgellau) the gold to be panned onsite.  Just saying as hopefully I can arrange meeting between police and any threats.   They lost 20000 oz of gold dust its that that is easy to find.There was also 400 400oz bars on board 399 were recovered. Force of storm that sank it made one of them to be virtually welded to a iron beam. Little added piece of info ive found gold coming into the beach half a mile up and gold in beach 15 miles down and around. It had come all that way from Australia with the goldfinds of Bedingo and Ballarat goldfields and sunk on a Welsh gold field. History buffs half a mile up is the largest medieval mine of copper Parys mountain  that has millions of grams of gold in the waste deposits. Note very difficult deposits to extract gold from . 7 million tons of arsenical pyrites and 11 million tons of iron pyrites.  Note on getting to wreck site a few mile walk on sand  from carpark in dunes. Last time I there I had two border collies but had to retreat from wreck site as all the rocks covered in jellyfish. So more excitement than huskys to be had in area.

I live here and didn't know half of this lol

• Like 2

Learn something new every day 

Wetsuit  not needed wellys at most you can get gold in your walking shoes. A gold pan very good but not essential a good pan useful that you can semi pan in is basic needs. But major help you could still get is a turkey baster from poundland. Its for sucking up sand gravel in cracks to your pan to swirl round with water.  Ill add a weird device to you but not to panners but a sharp knife or one ive used to massive reward is a scriber. But do be aware that you will damage them by use or in case of scriber left it somewhere on river bank.   Dont go squawking too much on social chat as said Vince threatened me and Imm not wanting conflict but suspect that mobile phone footage of him will down any thing getting off as hes very adverse to publicity of a bad nature. The site is virtually uncovered at low tide so got a fare few hours  to look .its rock shelf right up to the cliff  face and when water out you can walk to the wreck. A bout a hundred yards of rock then the sea , I ofter saw a seal ten yards out looking back. its like a harbour wall you get to the edge of the rock and its a straight 20ft drop to bottom  and that's where the wreck is at 20 ft. It got barged into the corner and was along side this rock shelf like a harbour wall and just got battered to death till it sank. The villagers from Moelfre were on the hill behind and the wind was lashing waves foam hundreds of feet high. Only one man escaped trying to bring a line ashore. The bodies were carried hundreds of miles down coast and to Isle of Man  599 drowned. From Moelfre its a 5 mile walk round  the cliff path. From further up there car parking near the dunes and gold in LLygwy beach (cant find my notes so wrong spelling. but found reply from modern gold miner magazine who I submitted story to as they wanted more photos april 1992 that reply. In fact but keep quiet the gold can be got with tide in, literally hundreds of gold prospectors arriving back home (Liverpool 50 miles away) with the goldrush riches of their lives died because they would not throw there gold away and drowned with the weight of it. Hence gold  dust and gold sovereigns are scattered all over the rocks and beach for miles.The Sydney minted soverigns are especially valued by coin collecters  last price I heard was £35,000 each. 5 00 were found by diving team in 1974 when they lifted the rudder plate.

Ive been dying to get back for decades but have had no transport till last year. But not know to Vince there are several gold occurances on Anglesey in fact the National Museumn of Wales asked me for samples as they not got a single piece, I spotted in someones rockery  the premier gold rock of gold mines Clogau shale and was told where they had collected it on Anglesey.  Round the husky campsite the premier rock to locate and put on your maps is Ordovician rock the Clogau shale in that series is a sure fire bet for gold.  Might get some huskys from America if this story gets there . One other thing ive got to suggest to those without motorhomes to get around ect.  My motorhome cost £2500 to buy tax insure and mot.

It has had a few vauge probs but nothing major. Its a exambulance  they go for between £1500 and £2000. One good sovereign from wreck site will keep

me happy for years

Note Vince inn google trying to claim credit for biggest nugget found in Britain . Load of tosh Its gold from wreck found by real gold panners hundreds of years ago but look at it its a typical Bendingo nugget with chunky square pieces of quartz in it. I told Vince it worth a lot in Australia. Because it was the law to have all gold melted and sent to Britain but each mint in Australia kept one big nugget that came there way and out of all big nuggets found in Australias gold history only three still exist . Google one its called the Maitland bar found by a chinaman. Vinces one was 3.5 oz  Note to dish confusion biggest nugget found is in Cornwall 17 oz other a 17.5 oz found near that ballykissangel pl;ace in Ireland..Then big nuggets found near dolgallau in the Mawddach below the falls. 

The Royal Charter had the militia arrive from Liverpool in three days so lots of the bodies had been picked clean within that time and lots of wealth villages on Anglesey were to be had after . They had a insurance value of £750,000 on entire cargo and they recovered that amount in three months then left. Not sure if they found it but one nugget on board the ship was valued at £500. Remembering what year it sank gold was £3 a ounce at the time so it must have been a 100 oz nugget. 

I live here too and I never knew any of this, might invest in some diving gear so I can take longer off on maternity leave

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

• Haha 1

Diving gear will get you onto the wreck site on the bottom . Its only 20ft down and can be seen from the rocks straight on to it. But it needs thought to get the gold.Major diving teams had attempts in the 1970,s and came to very nasty blows. When I visited I did something ive never done before I lept in the air crying Eureka as on my third pan of gravel I got gold flakes.  Whilst working the site I discovered several things that the gravel I was panning had all the same minerals as I got panning the Mawddach  a major gold river in the Coed Y Brenin  near Dolgelau. I had noticed that exploration was taking place at Parys Mountain further up and when visiting the geologist spotted the geological map showing a wedge or Ordivician rock crossing Anglesey I subsequently found the gold with considerable black sand coming into the beach from a small stream. Also gold in the sand at Benllech.  Ive not managed to google map but on the corner of the wreck site is a caravan park with also stationary caravans and met one of the occupants of a caravan he a diver who had been diving the site for years. He had not found one piece of gold and offered me a lobster for one flake of gold. But he showed me pewter plates and objects he had recovered from the site.

I am saying this as divers have been trying for gold on the site now for decades and a guy living next to the site has not had a single piece of gold.Plus we got Vince turning mad in old age claiming he has sole rights because he has found a nugget there when diving  and got permission from farmer to dive. Id suggest the caravan park has as much right plus since he has residents diving the site  and a visitor attraction it might get messy.Since Vince has done this Prog on Welsh CH4 it will attract thousands of divers in 2019. My conclusion is diving might be a exciting prospect but your chances of gold will be negligible UNLESS you are a very good gold panner(Vince is not) I was a professional goldpanner and Vince tried for decades to have me stopped as he said there was not enough gold for the amateurs to pan. He tried over the years many techniques of getting gold involving asking people when they were going home before moving in the next day into the hole being worked. He has with friends come in panning a yard from me and his friend the other side of me to intimerdate me. He has over the years consistently claim jumped me. 

My favourite  story about Vinces prowess is that he Chairman of British gold panning association (people used to phone him up telling of new finds heed be there next day) was organising the 1994 World Gold panning Championships at Wanlockhead . Heed arranged a lorry load of gravel to Wanlockhead to fill the buckets with gold to be panned in record times to win. Me and another guy had a few trys at this gravel and were finding very small pieces of gold in it. Heed picked a river to get gravel and such was his skill heed picked a river that had gold instead of no gold. Little piece of info the river was near Cummnock  . Ive not been personally yet as Cumnock has a very bad reputation. Saw a woman last year who gave me better info its New Cummnock that has the crime drugs  and poverty incidently its often in the news its where Dumfries House is that Prince Charles saved for the nation and now turning into a mega millions housing estate for millionaires. All I can say is good luck with that and the neighbours.

Id love to drain the site and get the gold there but not being a diver ill leave it to the divers out there .But im a goldpanner and seeing the gold he showd off on tv I could do better in a day on site than all hes got in months diving. Plus also I cracked the secret of the site. So im geed  up top get there as its going to be in some ways so easy to surpass vince by the gold I could get. I could also arrange to show you guys say in week before Husky camp or week after. Ill omit to show you the secret of the site that's money. But gold flakes you can pick up ill show you how and when you get emm there yours to keep.  I used to get in trouble  showing people how to pan gold because they would change and start saying there nolonger any for them to find. To you id say get a geological map from British geological survey and dig into any river or stream that has Ordovician rock crossing it 

2 hours ago, Rachael_Astro said:

This water talk has reminded me actually, there is doggy board paddling in Llangollen now if anyone is up for it emoji23.png
https://www.standuppaddleboarduk.com/index.php/stand-up-paddle-boarding/doggy-paddle-boarding

That is only going to end one way with my Ares aka dumbass. Me being dragged along in the water.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Guinnessman said:

That is only going to end one way with my Ares aka dumbass. Me being dragged along in the water.

but what a laugh it would be for us looking....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Guinnessman said:

...........and certainly better that it's you rather than me........... AGAIN 😂😂

• Haha 1

Little point im intrested in gold hence why I live in place where I can walk my huskys plus 7 miies and 14 miles from gold rivers that supplied the gold 500 years ago for the Scottish crown jewals

Yee godlets im looking at things on YouTube tons of videos and treasure hunters metal detecting. On a walk now from Moelfre to Amlwch. Notr when looking Charter other side of seaweed on rocks. But note of caution on Parys hill lots of places to park up and lots of holes with water pools , The water will be very dangerous with copper and arsenic in it. 

I know letting huskies off lead is a bit of a luxury as there’s not many safe places about to do it, so if anyone would like some extra off lead sessions, there’s Un-Leashed Dog Exercise Area (pre-booked slots, not far from Abakan/Flint, they can be found on Facebook). It’s a 60mx40m area £8 an hour for up to 3 dogs and £2 per dog after that. I’ve never been but they have 5 stars on Facebook

Also Meadow View Doggy Day Care & Enclosed Field (also by Flint and also found on Facebook) the lady who owns that owns huskies and Mals so it’s definitely husky proof! That one is £10 per hour for up to 6 dogs

A bit further out but there’s also Dogs Go Dog Park (on the Wirral and also on Facebook but they also have a website), they have prebookable 1 hour slots for private use of their secure 6 acre dog field. They can take up to 30 dogs and it varies in price up to £40 for 30 dogs. Heard it’s great there :)

• Like 1

Choock choock booked...grass booked...and paid for as well...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, robke said:

Choock choock booked...grass booked...and paid for as well...

Are you under canvas this year mate?

Just now, Guinnessman said:

Are you under canvas this year mate?

yes mate our new tent the big one....40667506_2110560592528520_1961966779076968448_n.thumb.jpg.36f98cd817fa8be31410662e12ab965c.jpg had to book an extra wide pitch 6 x 10 meters LOLOLOL

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rachael_Astro said:

IMG_3353.PNG

emoji23.png

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

No no no no, that place scares me. I always worry that you lot will get me so drunk I’ll agree to something there. Then my bravado has to fight my dibilitating fear of heights. Just had a look at ‘freefall’ and got sweaty palms.

Ares has already learnt to walk in the middle of a bridge and not go near the edge.

Less than four months today! Where is our countdown Rob?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1