Joint pain treatment ??

Sadie's nana

We adopted a older husky (guessing age 10) and she having a hard time getting up and takes her a few seconds to be able to walk properly after getting up. We've been giving her Cosequin joint supplements,  which seems to be helping. But now she has a rash, hives on her stomach and back legs, she itching a lot. I think she may be allergic to it. Is there a good supplement or food I can give her to help with her joint pain and issues? Btw, she's allergic to grains

Has she seen a vet to diagnose the cause of her joint pain? Incase it's not just old age and arthritis ? My girl is given yumove herbal tablets and she's on anti-inflammatory medicine from the vet for her arthritis, green-lipped mussel is good for joints

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

Does sound like an allergy to the supplement. TBH, I wouldn't recommend that anyway as there's no clinical evidence to support the benefits of those ingredients (circumstantial evidence, at best). We tried Chondroitin and Glucosamine and there didn't seem to have any change for the dogs to whom we gave it. I've certainly seen evidence to support green-lipped mussel and read good things about the trials for CBD oil, so tend to recommend them as viable alternative medication. Having said that, we had our 13 year old on g-l m and just put him on Loxicom (it's like Metacam, anti-inflammatory) - the change is massive. Returned to his former bouncy puppy-playing self so we've reluctantly taken the decision (never like using medication if we can avoid it) to manage his poor joints with that medication and get his liver/kidney function regularly tested (it's excellent at present)

Archived