How can i get my Siberian Husky Layla Blue from jumping on company as they walk in the door?

Chelle w.

Consistency is the way to go. In the beginning Mayo jumped up to greet us every night when we came home from work, leaving long scratchmarks on my arms. We always pushed her down -- gently but firmly, and she eventually learnt that we didn't appreciate that behaviour. When she runs up to greet us without jumping up and clawing all over now, we praise her and greet her back. Now she occasionally jumps when she gets impatient when we need more time with the door; a firm no reminds her that's still not acceptable.

Skyes, our first adoption from the rescue is a dinky little Husky and prior to our getting her, was encouraged to jump into people's arms. Great until you don't want her to do it all the time - and especially not to people neither you nor her know! Just asking her not to and pushing her gently down has convinced her not to do it - and hasn't for 5 years (she's 6 now). Took a couple of months but as Vickie suggests, consistently requesting not to do it will lead to positive results

On 8/5/2018 at 1:50 AM, chelseafan said:

Hi, does Layla do this because she’s excited? Have a look at Victoria Stilwell, dog trainer, I think there’s some on you tube, she’s all about positively reinforcing good behaviour.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Yes! She's gets very excited. I got a grand baby coming in Nov. And I got to get her to stop so she want jump on the baby.

Thanks everyone. I'm gonna look on the page and kindly push her down with a no no, which she back talks and tells me to leave her alone. Lol. She's always on me as I clean she steady walking with me getting in the way of pushing me with her nose. But I do have to say she is very very spoiled. I got her at 7 weeks old and I've never left her side and she's almost 2 years old. She will listen to me sometimes but sometimes she want. When my husband gets on her for being bad she tells him I want my mama...lol. she's a funny baby 

Congratulations on becoming a grandma [emoji3] there’s some lovely videos on you tube of husky’s with babies. Husky’s have a mind of their own, sometimes they’ll listen other times not, but you can train new behaviours at any age.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Thank you so much I can't wait till she arrives in Nov. Yes Layla very much indeed have a mind of her own.lol. she has really been acting up yoday, she figured out how to open the cabinet that has her treats in them. She's a mess I love her so much though but a big handful.

Yes! She's gets very excited. I got a grand baby coming in Nov. And I got to get her to stop so she want jump on the baby.
Thanks everyone. I'm gonna look on the page and kindly push her down with a no no, which she back talks and tells me to leave her alone. Lol. She's always on me as I clean she steady walking with me getting in the way of pushing me with her nose. But I do have to say she is very very spoiled. I got her at 7 weeks old and I've never left her side and she's almost 2 years old. She will listen to me sometimes but sometimes she want. When my husband gets on her for being bad she tells him I want my mama...lol. she's a funny baby 
I'm telling you, these huskies are very smart. Mine, the female will "hug" adults and my teenage kids, but when she and the Male are around babies and very young children, on their own they calm down. Love that about them. Keep a good communication open with yours so she knows what you want from her and what's right/wrong.

They also calm down similarly around sick or very old dogs.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Archived