Great news

Zoej

I haven’t posted in quite a bit so here’s an update to Casey’s food aggression and naughty behaviors. I found a highly recommended behaviorist/trainer in my area and signed up for obedience classes. We then agreed after water guarding during break that Casey could use extensive help. He lived with the trainer in her home for 5 weeks, attended classes and participated in Wednesday play dates. He has been home 2 weeks and is a different pup. We still attend classes every Saturday and signed him up for Wednesday play dates for the next few months. He’s obedient, the food/water aggression is gone and he hasn’t attacked Hershey at all. He’s a very loving, affectionate and happy Mommies boy!

As above I don’t agree with trainers who have dogs in their own home, too many trainers have come out as animal abusers and I would never trust anyone else with my dogs, to me it’s just as much about training the owner as it is the dog

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

I’ve always found it odd that trainers take dogs and train them themselves as most training is done on the Human rather than the dog if that makes sense?
However, it’s good to hear that things are going well and provided that you’re also being taught what methods to use to keep up consistency and stop things from slipping backwards then hopefully all’s well that ends well.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

This trainer is compassionate and well respected. Not only did she teach us and show us everything she would be doing but sent us daily videos, I could visit anytime and I was in class with him weekly. This trainer and her assistants train service dogs and search and rescue dogs as well as teach weekly obedience classes, fitness classes for your dog and agility. My dog loves her so much. The trainer became very attached to our boy. Casey and I are still attending classes weekly and she is available 24/7 to answer questions and concerns. He was/is loved as a member of her family. He needed the aggression and food resourcing addressed immediately since he attacked my other dog twice. We were following her training plan at home but it wasn’t working. My husband and I were very confident in our decision after mulling over it for several weeks. Casey is a different dog now and I feel even happier.

Archived