Spayed yesterday

Xilonen1991

Hello! So my girl got spayed yesterday. I was wondering if anyone had any insight or advice on aftercare- how did it go? So far, so good. She's tried to lick at the sutures twice. I was able to stop her. (No e-collar, rookie mistake on my part- I know.) I have tons of stairs, and I tried to block her from coming upstairs, but she was up here the minute I ran to the restroom. She is taking meds. I'm scared she'll hurt herself.

Im concerned she'll want to run and jump when she isn't supposed to. Im a nerve wreck! 😩

thanks!

with e-coller `I hope you mean cone....  should work just fine...jumping and running is indeed not so good can rip the stitches open. etc...Our Bindi was up and about in 3 days could not stop her...started of slowly with 10 mins walks for 2 days and then she had enough of that...LOLOL

That’s so funny! I wonder how long it will last, I’ve still got Astro’s cone in my shed from when he was neutered and that’s got nibble marks all round the edge!

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Those Elizabethan Collars can be hazardous, lol. End up with everything getting knocked over. [emoji23]
Love the cardboard one you made, not sure about durability but you’ve clearly got a talent there [emoji1360]
Pet medical vests, t shirts, old swimming costumes, inflatable collars etc....like mentioned can be used to help cover them up.
Trying to keep them calm is the biggest problem I found. The day of the anaesthetic they are still woozy so you think, “oh this will be easy enough” then the next day they are bouncing around like Tigger. [emoji38]

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/1/2018 at 7:54 PM, Vickie said:

I have stairs in my house as well. I've often wondered how dogs handle that while in a cone? How is she with the cardboard cone?

Sorry for the super late response. I had visitors. 🙄

Anyway, she didn't handled the stairs okay. Once she figured out how to maneuver with her cone head- she was going down the stairs no problem. She refused to go up the stairs during her cone days. 

She didn't like the cardboard cone very much. She started chewing it that same day. I went out and bought her an Elizabethan collar the next day.  CHewed that one a bit as well. 

All is well now. She made a full recovery and is back to her crazy self. 

On 7/28/2018 at 1:00 PM, Rachael_Astro said:

That’s so funny! I wonder how long it will last, I’ve still got Astro’s cone in my shed from when he was neutered and that’s got nibble marks all round the edge!

It lasted a day. 😂

She chewed her Elizabethan collar a little as well. 

On 7/28/2018 at 11:30 AM, BingBlaze n Skyla said:

Omg that's brilliant

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

Thank you! 

Archived