Is it Aggression?

I'm getting very worried. My 3 and a half year old husky has been snapping at my family, sometimes even me. She started taking food in a snappy way and Sometimes biting my hand, She's always been good with dogs and we got a puppy and they were doing fine. But lately he will be playing and she will grab him by the scruff and start shaking him or grab him by his face and hold him down til he whines very loud. 
I also worry about the puppy, When he "plays" he jumps on her and makes a very loud snarling sound and bares his teeth, and tries to grab her face, he's only 9 weeks and I don't know if this is normal behavior. 

Regarding the food, has your family stopped feeding her all the time yet? She probably thinks she’s entitled to the food because they’ve been feeding her when they shouldn’t be. If they have stopped it could be the transition stage as she’s used to always getting her own way

Regarding the puppy huskies do play quite rough, if he’s 9 weeks how long have you had him?

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Sounds like they're trying to establish where they are in the household with regards to each other (I don't believe in dominance theory but dogs do usually have an order) I would keep long leads on both dogs for a while so when you feel it's getting too rough you can separate them , it is very normal but you can manage them if u feel it's too much
With The snapping at you etc , you say when she takes food ? Is pup around when your giving food and what is it she's snapping for ? If it's extras or treats I would stop those for the time being and only give her her food , snapping for food means the food gets taken away , teach her to sit and wait

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

8 hours ago, BingBlaze n Skyla said:

Sounds like they're trying to establish where they are in the household with regards to each other (I don't believe in dominance theory but dogs do usually have an order) I would keep long leads on both dogs for a while so when you feel it's getting too rough you can separate them , it is very normal but you can manage them if u feel it's too much
With The snapping at you etc , you say when she takes food ? Is pup around when your giving food and what is it she's snapping for ? If it's extras or treats I would stop those for the time being and only give her her food , snapping for food means the food gets taken away , teach her to sit and wait

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

The snapping is usually caused from petting her, hugging, cuddling etc 

The pup sometimes is around when feeding her, but it started before he came, she used to be very gentle when taking food, but started slowly snapping it out of my hand like she was dying of starvation. She does a lot of tricks, speak, play dead, paws, etc so I usually give her a reward after she does several. I started feeding her in her crate because she goes after the puppy when he comes close to her bowl. 

9 hours ago, Rachael_Astro said:

Regarding the food, has your family stopped feeding her all the time yet? She probably thinks she’s entitled to the food because they’ve been feeding her when they shouldn’t be. If they have stopped it could be the transition stage as she’s used to always getting her own way

Regarding the puppy huskies do play quite rough, if he’s 9 weeks how long have you had him?

I just got them to stop feeding her table scraps, or so i think, Im not always around so I'm not sure, but i havent seen anyone feed her anything 

Feed them at opposite ends of the kitchen and stand between them, don’t leave food out. Koda used to try and go for Astro’s food but after a few weeks I could leave them to eat on their own

She might just not like being cuddled, not all huskies do! Astro often does a low growl if you try and hug him, whereas Koda will literally crawl on you for a cuddle. They are all different! She might be snapping to get the food because she thinks the puppy is going to steal it, when I first got Koda I had to stop feeding treats for a few weeks and slowly introduce it

Archived