Making A Leash

ShyLoh

I just got in some more paracord, and I will be making 3 more leashes for my dogs. I am very picky on clips I use, so I am looking for a specific type. However, I have no idea what these clips are called and was wondering if anyone here knew the name of them, or where I could buy them online. The one that is pictured I took from an old dog leash, so I have no idea where it is from. Any help would be appreciated!  And for fun, a picture of the dogs the leashes will be for. haha

37693317_1876953112606116_1545265375527043072_n.thumb.jpg.4a9b75e85af9b58b2483bfd38b75f87e.jpg

_DSC0351.thumb.JPG.ca1656c0b161719b5e85d32ee5beff9e.JPG_DSC0397.thumb.JPG.baac86e93a723164f0a8ee423274bb38.JPG

Probably more than one name and different across the world but I call them snap hooks or self closing hooks. I use carabiners with threaded locks for my collars and the same for my long lead which I made from plastic coated steel wire

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

Locking carabiners, as mentioned. 

(That clip of yours can fail). 

Plus spare necklines to a second spare collar - harness, and to the lead in case of breakages or worse slipping out. 

You can also get Swivel  Carabiners or Swivel Grivel carabiner to prevent twising lines .. off of a canibelt, for handsfree walking. 

In the UK you must have all pets secured into a seat belt (clip on leads with attachments available on line) or, clipped in, on a harness  always, not a collar, or in a secured crate.  £3-5K fine possible. 

i would look into hoist clips, that is what that one looks like to me and I doubt that would fail we used to have a little one like that and it could lift 2,5 tonnes without breaking...

Thanks! I found some of the exact ones I am looking for using the name suggestions you gave in a google search. I found them on a site called Aliexpress. I love these clips. They are easy to use and stronger then the basic eye bolt snaps, in my opinion. I have never had any issues with them. I will be placing an order for a few of them!  

Archived