5 month old husky girl which Orijen food should I feed her?

Leo2o9

Yes that would be fine, on their website there are guidelines for feeding pups and this should also be at the back of the bag

It is expensive per bag but you don’t actually need to feed much of it due to the high protein content so it does kind of even out in price compared to cheaper brands which you have to feed more of

The only thing I would say is what food is she on at the moment? My boy was on Arden Grange and I wanted to switch him to Orijen when he was a few months old, at the pet shop they said I would be better doing it in 2 stages to a medium protein food first as switching straight to a high protein food can upset their tummy. I put him on Canagan which is 60% meat 40% veg and he’s actually just been on that since as he likes that!

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

8 hours ago, Rachael_Astro said:

Yes that would be fine, on their website there are guidelines for feeding pups and this should also be at the back of the bag

It is expensive per bag but you don’t actually need to feed much of it due to the high protein content so it does kind of even out in price compared to cheaper brands which you have to feed more of

The only thing I would say is what food is she on at the moment? My boy was on Arden Grange and I wanted to switch him to Orijen when he was a few months old, at the pet shop they said I would be better doing it in 2 stages to a medium protein food first as switching straight to a high protein food can upset their tummy. I put him on Canagan which is 60% meat 40% veg and he’s actually just been on that since as he likes that!

Right now she is on NutriSource Large Breed Puppy 

which is 

Protein
28.0% 280 g/kg

So should I get her the puppy formula or large breed puppy formula or just get her the Best one Tundra since that’s the only one still made in Canada 

I think the adult one will be ok, I can’t screenshot the feeding guidelines but look here on the feeding tab https://www.orijen.ca/en-gb/foods/dog-food/dry-dog-food/tundra/

If you’re on a mobile phone press and hold on the feeding instructions and it zooms in, it does give puppy feeding instructions on there

16 hours ago, Leo2o9 said:

Is it safe to switch them to raw at that age 

In the wild young wolf pups, wild dog pups are switched onto raw on weaning (6-8 weeks)  -  they eat what the parents catch/eat.

9 hours ago, Rachael_Astro said:

I think the adult one will be ok, I can’t screenshot the feeding guidelines but look here on the feeding tab https://www.orijen.ca/en-gb/foods/dog-food/dry-dog-food/tundra/

If you’re on a mobile phone press and hold on the feeding instructions and it zooms in, it does give puppy feeding instructions on there

Thank you :)

7 hours ago, wolfpup said:

In the wild young wolf pups, wild dog pups are switched onto raw on weaning (6-8 weeks)  -  they eat what the parents catch/eat.

Thanks will look into it 

Archived