5 month old and his biting

Dana0406

My 5 month old Luca wont stop biting.  I am now having him on a leash in the house and when he bites I put him in the bathroom for a couple of minutes.  The problem is, he resists going and  I am pretty much pulling/dragging him in there.  I don't think this is good but not sure how else to do it.

You've got the right idea.. just be quiet firm and in control. Into another room in solitary ie, rejection. No words, nada. This is early teenage sign of dominance and bossing.  In a pack they'd be stood over and held down under snarling threat until they gave in like "hey, no big deal.. I'm good.." and they've  learned their place in the hierarchy. 

If you have to drag him out you drag him out. A few minutes or ten in solitary and you let him out. If he starts again be swift and remove.. no words.

When he comes in wagging, licking, sniffing but not biting, jumping on or standing over, immediately praise and reward 'good dog..be nice' with a treat. He'll learn pretty fast. 

Successdogs.com is a great training site.. free ebook but more to download and get started. They get bigger and more wily fast.  

Really should start from day one when they come into your home. xxx

What do you do when he’s not biting, are you rewarding him? Don’t drag him it’s not going to do any good. Reward the good behaviour and ignore the bad, if he gets any attention (even bad attention) for the bad behaviour he will keep doing it

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Archived