Nina

Sean Quirk

On 7/17/2018 at 11:21 PM, Vickie said:

Did the cat live? Hahaha just kidding! I'm still surprised to see huskies living with cats they didn't grow up with!

Nina lived with cats in her previous two homes. It took a few weeks for the cat to adjust but they get along fine together. The cat (Lana) is very jealous of all the attention and outside time Nina gets. Nina will playfully chase Lana when we come in from walks but she doesn't get too rough.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Can you get Nina to have a word with my Mikey?   He is almost 4 and came to us last year,  having lived with a cat in the past we thought we would be ok  -  sadly not.  My cat has lived with 5 dogs  -  Mikey is the only one he is terrified of  (for good reson).   Glad to see Nina is still looking happy and fit.

Hi Nina,

did you follow any specific protocol when acclimating the dog and the cat?

We have had Kino for almost 4 weeks  now, and the cats are slowly getting used to him but we’re nowhere near cuddling. As of now, they will get to about 1m from each other without hissing/barking.

It gives me great hope to see your dog and cat get along so well! I hope we will get there too :) 

Archived