Meals

I constantly carry a treat pouch with me around the house and outside, I'll give random commands through out the day with chicken sausage cut up, and blue wilderness treats, I usually reward quite a lot, should I still feed her breakfast when shes eating a lot of treats through out the day? or should I just give dinner, I usually give one cup in the morning and one cup at night, But i want to avoid weight gain and go on with training as usual.

Just make sure she gets plenty of food since she's growing. Check the label on the dog food to ensure she's getting the daily food requirement and not being underfed.
With training treats, I would still give them to her when she follows your instructions...just not too many.
I would also feed her 3 meal times a day. When she's fully grown around age 1 1/2, then you can decrease her meals to 2 a day.
You're doing great!!
[emoji4][emoji191][emoji93]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Husky Owners mobile app

Just now, ARMANI & ALINAH said:

Just make sure she gets plenty of food since she's growing. Check the label on the dog food to ensure she's getting the daily food requirement and not being underfed.
With training treats, I would still give them to her when she follows your instructions...just not too many.
I would also feed her 3 meal times a day. When she's fully grown around age 1 1/2, then you can decrease her meals to 2 a day.
You're doing great!!
emoji4.pngemoji191.pngemoji93.png

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Husky Owners mobile app

Shes already full grown ☺ 3, almost four

1 hour ago, BingBlaze n Skyla said:

I'd just switch to using her food as treats , and eventually you'll want to phase the treats out

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

Ive tried using her food but she wont go for it, i have to use high quality treats

I constantly carry a treat pouch with me around the house and outside, I'll give random commands through out the day with chicken sausage cut up, and blue wilderness treats, I usually reward quite a lot, should I still feed her breakfast when shes eating a lot of treats through out the day? or should I just give dinner, I usually give one cup in the morning and one cup at night, But i want to avoid weight gain and go on with training as usual.

You could try cutting them up smaller and reward every other command and then every third etc until you only give maybe twice a day, but phase it out over a period of time. It worked with mine and they stop expecting it after a while.

Sent from my iPad using Husky Owners mobile app

Archived