Barking

training...start with short periods at the time for example 10 sec and praise then 15 sec praise etc etc with a command off course which could be any special word that you can think of...

and I would not use  "quite"   I would go for a total meaningless word... 

Distract.. then when quiet, reward.  I use 'chill' with my two. 

I also bought an anti bark device that works brill on my girl; my boy tends to whine - as she is the more dog reactive one. 

Use it in small bursts. 

It is amazing on other dogs that bark at them tho', and shuts them up fast!  That takes the aggro off mine so peace reigns!

Like kids, distraction and refocussing their attention stops unwanted behaviour WITH positive reward training. A dog chew or bone might also help.🤗

Successdogs.com. and Absolutedogs.com

Distract.. then when quiet, reward.  I use 'chill' with my two. 

I also bought an anti bark device that works brill on my girl; my boy tends to whine - as she is the more dog reactive one. 

Use it in small bursts. 

It is amazing on other dogs that bark at them tho', and shuts them up fast!  That takes the aggro off mine so peace reigns!

Like kids, distraction and refocussing their attention stops unwanted behaviour WITH positive reward training. A dog chew or bone might also help.🤗

Archived