Meet Luca

Dana0406

Luca is almost 5 months old.  He is a sweetie except for his biting.  Cant seem to stop it..  Oh, and he has now decided that he doesn't like his harness.  Literally takes us about 20 minutes to get him in it for a walk🙄🙄

Snapchat-1385738708_1523900281723.jpg

20180707_081937.jpg

20180616_100512.jpg

Welcome our Harlow is the same she hates being "trapped" in a harness I just collar walk her but her collar is made from steel chain no way she can slip out and we've trained her to loose lead walk. I'd like to eventually get her back into a harness

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

Hi, he’s very handsome, great name to [emoji1]
One of mine started hating having his harness put on after having no problems for over a year, he’d start running off and ducking his head down as soon as I came towards him with the harness, I started by getting him to sit by me and stroking him and telling him what a good boy he is, then I’d put the harness over his head, giving him a treat and praise him. He didn’t like it going over his head, once it’s on he’s fine.
If Luca doesn’t like it going over his head have a look on Indi-dog, there’s a harness that doesn’t go over the head, I buy all my leads, collars etc from there, great prices, washable and you can have custom made as well.

Sent from my iPad using Husky Owners

totally dislike the things...good that they are banned here, should be everywhere but that is me...

with lots of patience and praise you will be able to get a harness on maybe look at an easy one, at least I think a Julius K9 quick and easy to put on IMO...

22 hours ago, Dana0406 said:

Ok, that's what I thought.  I didn't want to get one, but, my husband is loosing his patience.  We haven't been able to walk him for about a week.

Hello and welcome to the pack!  You are not too far from where I am at! 

I know that I am in the minority here, but I do use the pinch collars, however I learned how to use them from my dog trainer and mine have never been injured.  I think the problem is that people will throw them on a dog and just expect it to just work, which is not the way to go.  They know when it's on and will not pull.  But I get why people would not like them.  If I ever thought it was hurting them I would find another way. 

Anyway, I would talk to a dog trainer or maybe enroll in some obedience classes.  I used PetSmart and was very happy with them, but I heard it depends on the store.  I was lucky to have great trainers. 

Keep working with the harness you have. (Mine don't like their harnesses either.) But keep working with LUCA...it gets better.[emoji4] Pinch collars are a big safety hazard and cause more injuries. If you have a chain link fence, the collar can easily get caught on it causing puncture wounds around the dog's neck. If you're walking them & no matter how well your dog is trained, if they see a rabbit, they'll start to take off running by instinct and get injured from the pinch collar. (The prongs are designed to be like a dog's fang on purpose. To be honest, they should be called Puncture Collars.)

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Husky Owners mobile app

Archived