What breed you think he is?

Jaylo

@Bing Blaze n Skyla~ Hey, my name is *ANGIE* not "hun."[emoji4]
Since this conversation has only been about Seppalas and your argument about@Jaylo's dog not being a Seppala Husky, it's only fair to communicate "publicly." That's all I was saying.
Also, it would be nice to be supportive & positive.
It's very appreciated.[emoji4][emoji191][emoji191][emoji252][emoji252]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Husky Owners mobile app

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, ARMANI & ALINAH said:

@Bing Blaze n Skyla~ Hey, my name is *ANGIE* not "hun."emoji4.png
Since this conversation has only been about Seppalas and your argument about@Jaylo's dog not being a Seppala Husky, it's only fair to communicate "publicly." That's all I was saying.
Also, it would be nice to be supportive & positive.
It's very appreciated.emoji4.pngemoji191.pngemoji191.pngemoji252.pngemoji252.png

If somebody reports something to an admin and the admin responds on the report this does not have to be made public...

@Robke ~ That's totally fine. I was just asking for it to be publicly posted so I can learn more about the Seppala. @BingBlaze n Skyla has every right to send anyone private msgs as well all can do. But her comment stated she had sent a private msg due to "his concerns about her comment/reply." It interprets the discussion of Seppalas. So I was just trying to learn more about Seppalas.
My apologies to you Rob.[emoji4][emoji191][emoji191]

1 minute ago, ARMANI & ALINAH said:

@Robke ~ That's totally fine. I was just asking for it to be publicly posted so I can learn more about the Seppala. @BingBlaze n Skyla has every right to send anyone private msgs as well all can do. But her comment stated she had sent a private msg due to "his concerns about her comment/reply." It interprets the discussion of Seppalas. So I was just trying to learn more about Seppalas.
My apologies to you Rob.emoji4.pngemoji191.pngemoji191.png

I am not going into this but the report had nothing to do with Seppala dogs yes or no.

Ok sorry ANGIE, I'll make sure not to call u hun again ;) like robke said as admin on a comment of mine that was reported given Jaylo 's concerns it was more polite to said a pm to clear up any confusion then post it publicly as it wasn't regarding one part of this topic but another, this post isn't only just about seppala as a breed ;)
Back on to topic tho if you want to find out more post a thread up :) if it had been about seppala' s I would have posted here
Take care

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

Trying to throw out what little I know about Seppalas, I thought that They started with Leonard Seppala (probably spelt that wrong) and the dogs were kept totally separate from those of the showing world. The lines were virtually extinct but there are a few breeding programmes around, mainly way up North America/Canada borderlines. A true Seppala dog Is a very rare sight and I would guess they would be rather expensive and highly sought after, particularly amongst those in the working dog world.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Thanks Robke might make it my next read. Is there any threads with husky related books? I know there was one for movies/tv featuring huskies. A good read relating to sled dogs was The Last Place on Earth: Scott and Amundsen's Race to the South Pole. Although this is an account of the South Pole it does talk about Amundsens learning of dog sledding and about the dogs he used.

Thanks Robke might make it my next read. Is there any threads with husky related books? I know there was one for movies/tv featuring huskies. A good read relating to sled dogs was The Last Place on Earth: Scott and Amundsen's Race to the South Pole. Although this is an account of the South Pole it does talk about Amundsens learning of dog sledding and about the dogs he used.

Have u read sled dog gun

Sled Dog Gun: Aviemore Dreaming https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1784552275/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_R3TzBb5A367B4

I've just created a post so we don't clog this one up

Just want to clear up a few things here, as there are some parts of this which I think are being misunderstood. Nix offered her opinion on this, because that is exactly what was asked for. There is little point in asking for an opinion if its a case of 'I don't like the answer'. 

There are a few things here people don't seem to understand about genetics, and different breeds, so hopefully this may help 

• Seppala Husky - Technically, thats everyones dog here who has a Siberian husky. Its the name of the breeder, where its said the breed originally came from. So essentially, there is no such thing. There is just a Siberian husky.

• Seppela sled dog - This is also technically not a breed. They are what tends to be used in serious sled dog racing. They are a mix of breeds which are specifically selected for in order to maximise the capabilities of what you are looking for in a dog (bred for power, or speed, or intelligence etc)

• Agouti Husky - This is basically a Siberian husky, which is darker in colour, due to a higher level of eumelanin. If you were buying a human, you may as well be saying "I have a red head human" or "I have an Indian".

• Genetic testing - Most of the genetic tests you go for within general peoples budget, are money spinners. They will give you a general idea, but many will not come out the same. There is actually an ongoing genome project for dogs in which is not yet complete, so technically even an expert could not be 100% accurate. They can however through lineages etc. 

• Research - As already mentions briefly by Nix, she has been reading books on the subject. These are a good source of reference if you go to the right places, and also research the authors. If you are reading things around the internet, you are likely to get incorrect information and treat it as fact. Just to emphasise that fact, if you look around at our site, look at how many people state something which is simply incorrect. Once you have done that, check how well we rank for the word Siberian husky, and that particular issue. We're probably quite high. As a forum with over a million posts, and masses of information, you would certainly be forgiven for thinking we are a source of reference.

Lastly, chill out people FFS LOL. We're a forum for like minded owners of huskies. Not a company, Not a breeders site, not a working site, but a forum built by husky owners, for husky owners. (Honestly, I know, I built it! LOL).

@Jaylo - In answer to your original question. I have no idea what breed. He looks like he may be a mix, but then I have seen many many huskies that I would have said the same about and been incorrect. The only 100% accurate way in which to find out is to try and track his family tree. At some point you will likely find club records from breeders. At that point, you will know. Either way, he is lovely so who cares! :) 

• 1 month later...

Archived