What breed you think he is?

Jaylo

hey guys! so i been having a puppy for a while and he has some problems with his hips for a 5 month puppy ,hes been walking funny so I started to look for solutions for him to get him where he needs to be aka to a vet. since hes just a puppy so lets hope for the best :) 

Anyways I know what breed he is ( i think) , am very certain hes the breed he is but sometimes it drives me nuts because people always think a certain color belongs to a certain breed  and its not always true, like the vet i was going too. I go with anatomy of the dog instead of the coat color. But what you guys think?? what breed do you think he is and is their any funny stories similar to this?share pictures of your babies as well!!

36736065_2146413615433067_5115903260443541504_n[1].jpg

36705010_2146413462099749_97409445956419584_n[1].jpg

36844794_2146413452099750_312795128068571136_n[1].jpg

36759563_2146413725433056_1515284244648165376_n[1].jpg

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see why people would ask what breed your dog is or mistake him for something else, I've already made a thread about mistaken identity here :)

https://www.husky-owners.com/forum/applications/tapatalk/index.php?/topic/73055-Mistaken-identity

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

He’s a handsome boy [emoji1] I’m always asked what breed Luka blue is, they ask is he part wolf, timber wolf and with Cai (my red) people say you can’t get husky’s in red [emoji23] makes me laugh that the people who make the comments don’t have a husky!

Sent from my iPad using Husky Owners

I was told that unless they r white a husky will have tips of ears black, last 3”or so of tail will b white, and they will have a black streak down their backs. Both of my 2have those traits. One is a minature and one is a mix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was told that unless they r white a husky will have tips of ears black, last 3”or so of tail will b white, and they will have a black streak down their backs. Both of my 2have those traits. One is a minature and one is a mix

Blaze doesn't have a white tip on his tail and one half of his tail is tipped black

1 hour ago, olmoggy said:

Its not really true , a lot of huskies have black tips , its like uncommon but its still possible and huskies come in different colors ,patterns. 

My puppy has a black tip and has tan, white but now he has gray in his back as well. Not always determine a breed by its because it can be a mix but sometimes the color can give off some of the breeds. 

And for the ears , not all of them black as well 😁 hope this clear some things for you as well . you learn more about huskies and other breeds when you keep learning more info about them ❤🐾

16 hours ago, chelseafan said:

He’s a handsome boy emoji1.png I’m always asked what breed Luka blue is, they ask is he part wolf, timber wolf and with Cai (my red) people say you can’t get husky’s in red emoji23.png makes me laugh that the people who make the comments don’t have a husky!

Sent from my iPad using Husky Owners

I know lol people just think huskies just come just white with black or gray 😂 my vet was like he's a mix right because of his coat 🤦🏻 he clearly never seen a sable ,agouti husky before . people are sometimes funny.

7 hours ago, BingBlaze n Skyla said:

I'll be honest he does look like a cross breed, what do his parents look like , even agouti or sable still look different to your boy

Yes all agouti and sable look different , I follow someone on instagram that has a husky kinda the same color almost tho .but Hercules  siblings all came out like normal colors like /black or grey like a typical husky but only him and sister came out the same color. he just has brown eyes thats all and changed alot when he got older.

36793094_2149375701803525_3531594892734103552_n[1].jpg

36779302_2149387891802306_1457592787934380032_n[1].jpg

He's very much Husky though (probably 3/4 Siberian). I love his face mask & ears slanting...gorgeous!! Your other one is gorgeous as well!! Love the photos!!
[emoji191][emoji191][emoji295]️[emoji169]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Husky Owners mobile app

P.S. I always love brown eyes on Huskies too!! They are just as gorgeous as blue or bi-eyed. One of mine has amber/brown eyes, and the other has one ice blue eye and a greenish brown.[emoji102][emoji102][emoji4]

I’ve had people turn and run away when they see Sakura and question if she is some kind of wolf all time because, “huskies don’t come in that color”......well then don’t tell her ;).

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/9/2018 at 7:20 AM, ARMANI & ALINAH said:

He's very much Husky though (probably 3/4 Siberian). I love his face mask & ears slanting...gorgeous!! Your other one is gorgeous as well!! Love the photos!!
emoji191.pngemoji191.pngemoji295.pngemoji169.png

P.S. I always love brown eyes on Huskies too!! They are just as gorgeous as blue or bi-eyed. One of mine has amber/brown eyes, and the other has one ice blue eye and a greenish brown.emoji102.pngemoji102.pngemoji4.png

I figured that he can be part Seppala husky because I found a dog exactly like my boy , but my boy is  just a bit more darker. But all I know is that he's not a GSD and hes been walking funny , like he has Hip dysplasia but hopefully he doesn't 

Please don't take this the wrong way but I don't think he's seppala , his face just doesn't look husky to me , either as he ages you'll be able to tell more (more pics would be great to see how he's developing) or only a DNA test will give you definite a seeds , also I hope his hips are ok , how old is he now?

On 7/30/2018 at 5:36 AM, BingBlaze n Skyla said:

Please don't take this the wrong way but I don't think he's seppala , his face just doesn't look husky to me , either as he ages you'll be able to tell more (more pics would be great to see how he's developing) or only a DNA test will give you definite a seeds , also I hope his hips are ok , how old is he now?

Seppala is a type of sleddog, they usually look mix then purebred. also they have thiner coats and larger ear and they can look like a typical Siberian husky. Many dogs can look mix but is really a purebred dog. A while back like 3 years ago I posted about a pinto husky and a lot of people told me she looked purebred as well as yourself but later on I figured out she was a mixed breed . she was half GSD . nothing wrong with that but am saying that even if the dog looks purebred or not doesn't mean they are. (dont be fooled lol)

He is Turing 6 months this month and he is underweight as well and he small for his age. Right now we are in Mexico visiting family and been here for a while but in a couple of days we are heading back home and thats where he will get his healthy dog food, here in Mexico don't have that plus dog food is very pricey for cheap dog brands.

Another thing is that he looks so much like his mom but he is more tan then white, plus I adopted him from a young women in Mexico , no one wanted him because they didn't want to waste their money on him because he had a hernia and is large not a normal do i got him.

There is so many dogs that look like huskies that you never know unless that pup comes from a breeder but i haven't gotten a chance to get one plus i rather rescue then buy. you never know whats in your dogs DNA unless it has papers. 

My dog has husky characteristics , he looks like a wolf from far way but once you get close he looks like a coyote . He has a saddleback and normal husky mask , just he more tan then a typical husky.  I had GSD before and seen them up close and they are huge this guy is not even close to them but he does have big paws and hes getting white in his chest and about his hips well i am doing a fund-raiser because i don't have a job right now to get him checked out .

I feel like he is half seppala cause alot of things point out to that breed ( i think i solved my own question :) )

here is a Seppala that looks like my boy and him ( ps he doesnt stay still plus i take bad pictures)

2221d323800edf417167909dec36d68a[1].jpg

38250016_2206307956110299_7639936312010604544_n[1].jpg

38392028_2206254699448958_5724644780785270784_n[1].jpg

On 7/30/2018 at 5:21 AM, ARMANI & ALINAH said:

I sure hope his it's not hip dysplasia. A x-ray could hopefully rule that out.

Yes hopefully! and i been told that but i need to find a job first then he will go straight to a vet to get checked out

Ok but even if he is seppela , that means he's not full husky as sled dogs aka Alaskan husky then he is a cross breed, as the Alaskan sleddog/husky is a cross between husky , and usually hound to make a faster racing dog, I would try and find a vet that does a payment plan or something hips and joints especially if it is dysplasia will only get worse and cost more the longer you leave it

1 hour ago, BingBlaze n Skyla said:

Ok but even if he is seppela , that means he's not full husky as sled dogs aka Alaskan husky then he is a cross breed, as the Alaskan sleddog/husky is a cross between husky , and usually hound to make a faster racing dog, I would try and find a vet that does a payment plan or something hips and joints especially if it is dysplasia will only get worse and cost more the longer you leave it

If he is , but both of his parents are husky (seppala is the same breed just working dog not show )so we can't prove anything , he can have wolf/dingo in DNA , but I can't know . like I said before I don't have a job

Ok but even working huskies if purebred sibe still look like huskies, but I'm not going to argue with u over it , so long as he's looked after that's the main thing, I would seriously consider finding a vet that will do a payment plan and sell your stuff to pay for it if you have to , you should have made sure you can pay for vet bills etc before getting a dog, he needs vet care if he's in pain

@Jaylo ~ Your puppy is striking and beautiful!! I believe he is Seppela...(I had to look up a Seppala Husky because I had never heard of one.). Your Husky looks very much like the Seppalasl images I just viewed. Your puppy definitely has the Seppala tall big ears and the nose definitely. He is just beautiful!!
I really hope his hips will be fine. Most puppies don't get enough proteins in their diets. So make sure you can get a good, high quality "puppy" food for him. Ask a Vet if you could do a payment plan, and ask how much they'd want you to pay monthly. You could also ask family members if they could assist you with Vet bills until you can find employment.
Also at the Vet, you could bring in a stool sample to be checked ensure your puppy doesn't have worms and/or Giardia bacteria, etc.
Your puppy is beautiful. Send more photos any time ok. What's his name??
Have a great day!![emoji4][emoji191][emoji252][emoji169]

8 hours ago, BingBlaze n Skyla said:

Ok but even working huskies if purebred sibe still look like huskies, but I'm not going to argue with u over it , so long as he's looked after that's the main thing, I would seriously consider finding a vet that will do a payment plan and sell your stuff to pay for it if you have to , you should have made sure you can pay for vet bills etc before getting a dog, he needs vet care if he's in pain

Have a good day

@Jaylo~ Regarding Seppala Huskies, I've noticed their outer ear base is about level with the outer corners of their eyes. They have very tall ears. They do have a wilder look to them like a wolf or coyote...very similar. Your first 4 photos at the beginning of your post, your puppy looks very much Seppala. I'm loving all the photos you posted!! You have a very beautiful & unique puppy!![emoji4][emoji191][emoji252][emoji169]
@Bing Blaze n Skyla~ Since I've been reading/learning about the Seppala Husky breed from Jaylo & his puppy, would you mind sharing & posting your comment/reply publicly (versus a private message)??
Thanks very much.[emoji4]

@Jaylo~ Regarding Seppala Huskies, I've noticed their outer ear base is about level with the outer corners of their eyes. They have very tall ears. They do have a wilder look to them like a wolf or coyote...very similar. Your first 4 photos at the beginning of your post, your puppy looks very much Seppala. I'm loving all the photos you posted!! You have a very beautiful & unique puppy!![emoji4][emoji191][emoji252][emoji169]
@Bing Blaze n Skyla~ Since I've been reading/learning about the Seppala Husky breed from Jaylo & his puppy, would you mind sharing & posting your comment/reply publicly (versus a private message)??
Thanks very much.[emoji4]

It wasn't regarding sepallas hun , you haven't missed out on anything there ;)

Archived