Husky Training Tips/Books

VanDykeZ

Hello,

New to the site so I hope this is the correct place for this question. I have trained and had dogs my entire life but this will be my first husky, cannot wait! 

Wondering if anyone has some quick tips or books they would recommend for training a husky? I am determined to spend night and day training.

Thank you 

oh if you have trained other dogs chuck all that knowledge out of the window and be prepared for a stubborn...what do I need to do that for type of dog...LOLOL

buy a bag of patience and take it easy...first thing I think of is to see if food oriented or praise oriented pup that will take you a good step forward...

Husky proof everything, they learn fast. I would recommend Norwegian dog trainer Turid Rugaas, an expert on canine body language, have a read of On Talking Terms with Dogs, invaluable information. I’d say husky’s are unlike other dogs, they have a mind of their own, stubborn and wilful but they are the best companions, very loving and one isn’t enough! Good luck [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Husky Owners

Welcome to husky owners [emoji3]
A general information book like ‘Siberian huskies for dummies’ is a good place to start, although the title is a bit embarrassing I will admit [emoji33][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

My first husky (also my first and current dog) is a rescue and came fully (house)trained, and is quite food-motivated. I have however read from a few adoption profiles that some huskies just aren't interested in treats. So be prepared!

Huskies are very strong willed with a ‘what’s in it for me’ attitude so lots of patience is needed! One thing I would say is don’t try and train a husky to be offlead, huskies should never go offlead unless in a secure high fenced area

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Archived