Emergency vet surgery

amyf27

Our puggle needed to have emergency surgery last night to save his life. He ended up having a septic infection in his abdominal cavity along with needing 14 Inches of intestine removed due to that infection.

I started a GoFundMe page but I'm reaching out to you guys if you know of any other ways to help raise money to cover these expenses. His surgery is going to be in the $6,000 range. They were willing to do the surgery with a third of that down which is basically all we had.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am afraid I have no ideas for you but I sincerely hopes he comes through ok
We have a few things going and he did have the surgery last night they're taking it day by day but so far so good. I do have a GoFundMe page if anyone was interested I can share the information via private message there's certainly no obligation

Sorry to hear he’s poorly still. It’s against the forum rules to post go fund me/fundraisers etc....

Are you able to do things like yard sales? Or I think in the states there is a pet type credit card available that you can get to help pay the vets directly and then pay it back bit by bit. Unfortunately I can’t remember what it is called though. Sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Sorry to hear he’s poorly still. It’s against the forum rules to post go fund me/fundraisers etc....
Are you able to do things like yard sales? Or I think in the states there is a pet type credit card available that you can get to help pay the vets directly and then pay it back bit by bit. Unfortunately I can’t remember what it is called though. Sorry.

I wasn't posting it here I was just letting people know if they were interested they could contact me personally

Oh no AMY. I hope your baby has a smooth recovery. I'm so sorry this happened.
We live in Ohio. With our other dog APOLLO, he needed surgery, and our Vet knew us well and set up a payment plan. I know a lot of Vets will do that.
I'm praying your puggle gets better soon.
[emoji120][emoji171][emoji259][emoji295]️

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Husky Owners mobile app

I am sorry to have to read this hope all goes well and recovery will be swift.

on the gofundme subject...I am of the opinion that even if you do not post the link but you are asking people for help by telling them to send a pm so that you can link that through to them  is in a way the same thing as posting the link. 

I am sorry to have to read this hope all goes well and recovery will be swift.

on the gofundme subject...I am of the opinion that even if you do not post the link but you are asking people for help by telling them to send a pm so that you can link that through to them  is in a way the same thing as posting the link. 
No worries there I wont be posting about this here . There are more supportive places Ill spend my time.

3 minutes ago, amyf27 said:

No worries there I wont be posting about this here . There are more supportive places Ill spend my time.

ok...

Sorry you feel that way but sadly I agree with robke and linking to fundraising even in pm is against the rules, we've had too many people scam others before to allow this anymore , you'll not find a more supportive forum in regards to well wishes and prayers , sadly when you take on an animal you also take on the risk and knowledge that illnesses and injuries will occur and sadly yes they are expensive but it's our responsibility as their owners to get them the treatment they need , no one knows this more than me , I've just spent £237 on bandit and I've probably spent nearly 2000 on my rats and skyla in the past 8 months and I probably don't even earn that much in 8 months lol
All the best for your boy and I hope you manage to get him sorted

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

Sorry you feel that way but sadly I agree with robke and linking to fundraising even in pm is against the rules, we've had too many people scam others before to allow this anymore , you'll not find a more supportive forum in regards to well wishes and prayers , sadly when you take on an animal you also take on the risk and knowledge that illnesses and injuries will occur and sadly yes they are expensive but it's our responsibility as their owners to get them the treatment they need , no one knows this more than me , I've just spent £237 on bandit and I've probably spent nearly 2000 on my rats and skyla in the past 8 months and I probably don't even earn that much in 8 months lol
All the best for your boy and I hope you manage to get him sorted

I understand. And Sunny is getting care. His surgery total with hospitalization will be about $ 5700.

I have jist been a little stressed, mostly worrying about him but hes responding well to the antibiotic and abdominal treatment, and has a good chance of coming home as early as tomorrow. He is in great hands.

So sorry to hear, perhaps a timely reminder that pet insurance in these cases is incredibly useful. We'd not get a dog without it. Have had to get x-rays done before and get 90% back from a $900 bill. Not sure how it works overseas and not relevant to you now but I hope you manage to figure it out

Sorry to hear that he is not well, hoping for a speedy recovery. 

Also I wanted to mention that we are extremely supportive of every member, but we just are not able to promote or allow fundraisers because of past issues, and is no way a reflection on you.  I know how it is to have a large vet expense and I know how stressful it is.  We truly hope that he is back to normal very soon.

Here he is. Tomorrow Im gwtting a lockable wire crate when the stores are open. He cannot do any jumping or stairs for three weeks. Intestinal resection surgery requires three weeks to heal properly 1d3b419f484f3e3dd019de8ba1a9e932.jpg

Really glad he is back home  -  and hope you manage to keep him contained  -  he looks up for anything now  - let alone in a week when he is feeling better.

The pills are a major issue. He hates them and they uoset his stomach. The surgeon will call today so Ill talk to him about ideas with them. Hes eating but very small meals and particular.

Glad he’s home and on the mend. Luka blue hates his flea tab so we (I mean Phil) puts it to the back of his throat and holds his mouth closed until he swallows it, we tried everything else, maybe you could try this with him.

Sent from my iPad using Husky Owners

Glad he’s home and on the mend. Luka blue hates his flea tab so we (I mean Phil) puts it to the back of his throat and holds his mouth closed until he swallows it, we tried everything else, maybe you could try this with him.

Sent from my iPad using Husky Owners
I got some soft pill pouch treats that dont have added ingredients. I'm goin to ty those out today with bits of the pills at a time. I started out giving him part of the soft pill pouch alone and he likes the taste of it so we'll see.

He's got a bit of an upset tummy so I'm not going to try and make him take it like I would a dog that isn't sick to his stomach or had surgery recently. I tried that yesterday and he gets sick if he gets stressed. The more relaxed he is the better.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Aww, poor Sunny, sounds like you have your hands full, there’s nothing worse than when your kids or dogs are sick.
We tried mixing tablets in with his food and treats and he’d eat everything but the flea tablet even tho it was in small pieces.
Pity you can’t get his medication in liquid form.

Archived