husky puppy help!

aldoll

Hey everyone!

I have a 3mo grey & white Siberian Husky named Bowie. I realized when I was teaching him how to sit,  his front legs would shake. At first I took this at him being excited since after all he is a puppy. However, it happens a lot when he is sitting. His front legs also appear sort of odd to me. There is a ridge on each leg and I’m not sure if it is normal or not. I’ve known a lot of adult huskies but do not know what a puppy’s front legs should look like. He went for a routine check up a couple weeks ago (before I noticed the shake) and everything checked out okay. I’m not sure how much I like this vet though which also adds to my concerns. I’m looking for a new veterinarian but until then was hoping to get some advice. I’ve attached some pictures to show you all.  Thank you all! 

9F95F841-DCAF-4545-A106-4F440FE2D568.jpeg

8D4E872A-50D2-4255-AE03-384189F2A36C.jpeg

@Aldoll ~ Hello & welcome!![emoji4] Does your gorgeous BOWIE ever limp or is it just when he sits?? Also, if your floor is slick, his front paws may be sliding forward.
I'm sure you're feeding him plenty of food and water (for 3 months probably 4-5 cups a day) unless he has a glucose issue.
Your puppy definitely needs to be seen by a Vet since this recently started. I hope it's not a spinal problem.
I don't know where you live, but if you aren't happy with your Vet, I hope you can find a new one.
Hope this helps.
[emoji4][emoji191][emoji252][emoji295]️

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Husky Owners mobile app

The little lumps are the dogs growth plates which is completely normal , is it just one leg that shakes or both ? As it looks like it's slightly turned out a bit , how much exercise does he get ? And what kind? (Walking , running )

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

Thank you both so much! I’m very relieved to hear that his legs appear just fine. They both quiver when he sits sometimes. It happens at random. He runs and plays and does everything else very normally. No limping or pain. We go on walks almost everyday and he’s always running around.
I’ll definitely still have it checked out by a vet ASAP.

He is eating and drinking very regularly throughout the day and is a very happy boy! I can’t wait for him to be able to socialize with other huskies in a few months! [emoji4] IMG_1295.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

His walks are at least 30-40 minutes and he gets plenty of time in the back yard to run around. Besides the little bit of quivering (as he sits) here and there his legs seem to move perfectly when he’s active. I’m sure I’m just being paranoid but I had to make sure [emoji4]. His weight also seemed a little on the lower side for his age but he’s very high energy and eats all his meals along with some kibbles he gets as training treats. I really appreciate your help!!

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Ok general rule is 5 mins per month of age per walk so at 3 months he should only be getting around 15-20 mins at a time tho that can be a couple of walks or so , so that plus all the running around could be a factor to the leg shaking

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

You could give him a "Puppy" MultiVitamin everyday. (I give mine a doggy MultiVitamin and a Probiotic every day.) Just some extra vitamins & minerals can help replenish their daily nutritional needs.
You're doing great!![emoji847][emoji191][emoji252][emoji272]

You could give him a "Puppy" MultiVitamin everyday. (I give mine a doggy MultiVitamin and a Probiotic every day.) Just some extra vitamins & minerals can help replenish their daily nutritional needs.
You're doing great!![emoji847][emoji191][emoji252][emoji272]

That sounds perfect! What brand do you recommend?

I give mine a brand called "21st Century/ Essential Pet (Veterinarian Formulated) "Puppy" Multivitamins. I get the Probiotics (separate bottle) by the same brand. I buy them from PetSmart in the U.S. But if you are outside of the U.S., most dog vitamins are about the same. (Some on here give Kefir instead of probiotics, but I don't have a recipe...sorry.) I do like to give the Probiotics as well just to put "good" live bacteria in their systems.
[emoji847][emoji252][emoji259]

I give mine a brand called "21st Century/ Essential Pet (Veterinarian Formulated) "Puppy" Multivitamins. I get the Probiotics (separate bottle) by the same brand. I buy them from PetSmart in the U.S. But if you are outside of the U.S., most dog vitamins are about the same. (Some on here give Kefir instead of probiotics, but I don't have a recipe...sorry.) I do like to give the Probiotics as well just to put "good" live bacteria in their systems.
[emoji847][emoji252][emoji259]

You’re amazing! Thank you so so much!!

I’m not keen on giving supplements to dogs unless you know there is a deficiency of something. Good quality food should provide all a puppy needs. Check out Dr. Karen Becker, she’s a vet who really knows about dog nutrition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is nothing wrong with giving a daily Dog MultiVitamin and a Probiotic. (They only contain very small amounts of most vitamins.) Most humans take a MultiVitamin.
When you give single supplements broken down, for example: solely Magnesium or Zinc, that's when you need to be careful.

Archived