Never ending

BingBlaze n Skyla

Oh wow I thought Astro was bad but this tops it! [emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

That's not even the start of it ! This is - literally - the tail end of it lol , I've spent hours n hours brushing her , about a week ago u was brushing her for 2 hours straight , think we're NEARLY finished getting it all out , never get a wooly lol

IMG_20180603_143443_137.jpgIMG_20180507_135807_041.jpg

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

She’s gorgeous!
I get that much with two of mine in one brushing [emoji33] I often wonder whether there’s a business out there that buys husky fur to spin and knit it or use it as a stuffing.

Sent from my iPad using Husky Owners

I wish Marley would get on with it  -  I get about 3 handfuls at every groom (daily) - but he just does not seem to know the meaning of 'blowing' his coat.

I wish Marley would get on with it  -  I get about 3 handfuls at every groom (daily) - but he just does not seem to know the meaning of 'blowing' his coat.

Does he ever look like a different dog when he does shed or does he not shed/blow much ever ? Skyla always looks so different and I don't see many other woolys who change like she does
Like you can kind of see here she goes from really fluffy n looking overweight to looking skinny and like I've shaved it all off [emoji33]

Screenshot_20180624-214428_Instagram.jpgFB_IMG_1529873220025.jpg

Screenshot_20180624-234721_Instagram.jpg

The only time he looks like skyla is when I took them to the groomers for a full body workout (comb-out, bath, massage, blow dry and second comb-out).   Despite daily grooming his undercoat goes very thick sometimes  so twice a year I treat them to the beauty parlour   (Best £85 spend there is).   The only thing that does not look any different is his fox-brush plume of a tail.    It takes two of them  2 1/2 hours.    I remain there all the time because of Marley's epilepsy  -   next time I am wearing a paper oversuit  (hoodie with leggings) and a facemask  -  at the end I gathered three bin bags of Marley's fur  -  and on the blow-dry it was like a blizzard  -  everyone got covered.

She’s gorgeous!
I get that much with two of mine in one brushing [emoji33] I often wonder whether there’s a business out there that buys husky fur to spin and knit it or use it as a stuffing.

I ran into someone from New Zealand once who mentioned there was a company there that spun dog fur into jumpers.... I'd feel a bit strange wearing my dogs fur lol

After Ice running around the garden yesterday, he’s decided today to let me brush him. So one side of his body is looking slightly less bedraggled then the other, lol. Hopefully he’ll let me get to the other side later [emoji120]

The pups had to go to the vets a lot this week being sick...

But the staff and docs were all surprised at my males undercoat. It was a laugh and statements of good luck with this one.

I have been brushing them (mostly him everyday) I have filed a plastic bag every time. * I have only been brushing a little at a time since they don't feel good and they don't like to set still for long*

Is this his puppy fur that he is losing or is he actually blowing his coat? They will be 5 months on the the 27th.

IMG_1891.thumb.JPG.f5aaf3a65d669140891f2905542a2959.JPG

The girl is shedding a little but not like he is.

IMG_1890.thumb.JPG.adebdba3c309c5301d28f8e5336cfa26.JPG

Lovely pics! They lose their puppy fuzz at this age, when they’re blowing their coat you’ll see tufts of fur and you can pull it out in clumps. Cai usually sheds more than Luka blue but this time ‘blue’ is shedding first and lots of it.

Hope they feel better soon.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like Skyla is never going to stop shedding lol this is mostly tail fur [emoji33]
20180624_125540.thumb.jpg.a1966c40396e1dc15f3b43535772215e.jpg

Kira is that way too. She has a longish coat compared to brothers shorter coarser coat.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I'm relieved to see it's not just our husky that's shedding like crazy. I was starting to get worried and was trying to figure out if we were feeding something she wasn't supposed to have..
20180205_125050.thumb.jpg.a40167424d229c62b902ee74515c7cf4.jpg

Completely normal and feels like it never ends lol

This is before

FB_IMG_1532679305856.jpg

And this is after and she's STILL loosing fur [emoji33]
Screenshot_20180718-200452_Instagram.jpg

I must say several times every year how the fur loss is never ending, lol.
With ice by the time he’s finished shedding his summer coat, it’s time to start over with his winter coat and vice versa, lol.

I must say several times every year how the fur loss is never ending, lol.
With ice by the time he’s finished shedding his summer coat, it’s time to start over with his winter coat and vice versa, lol.

Astro is the same it’s never ending! It doesn’t help that he doesn’t like to be brushed though so I can never get all the clumps off him. Kodas not so bad at all he just gets tufts on his hind quarters really!

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

Well Marley still is not getting rid of his coat  -  so I am saving my pennies to get him to the beauty parlour again  -  he's got such a thick undercoat that someone commented (nicely) on my Malamute!  -  I wouldn't mind so much but he is on the smaller end of the scale for a Husky.    He is getting worse and worse with me trying to groom him  -  as soon as he sees the brushes he goes straight on his back  -  and as soon as I get down on my knees - he springs up and runs away.   On the odd occasions when he will 'play nice' I can only get about 5 mins before he turns as if he is going to bite  (never bitten since puppy days) and I know he has had enough.

Hopefully I should have the rest of the money by next week  -  will take before and after shots.

Can you guys send your dog over to show Marley how its done (blowing the coat) - it would save me a fortune (£50 is a fortune for me) twice a year just for him.

Does anyone else find that after getting rid of the undercoat - they need a different size collar?    Marley needs an 18 inch before grooming but after he needs a 16 inch as he can slide the 18 inch off too easily.

Our female has a longer coat and sheds a lot more than our male does with his shorter courser coat.

Here's a picture of them this morning on our morning walk at the trail.c328fc93f4f8b46fdbe8c2ba1da12a9a.jpg951fdb5eef48185dc240d91fcb5188a1.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Well Marley still is not getting rid of his coat  -  so I am saving my pennies to get him to the beauty parlour again  -  he's got such a thick undercoat that someone commented (nicely) on my Malamute!  -  I wouldn't mind so much but he is on the smaller end of the scale for a Husky.    He is getting worse and worse with me trying to groom him  -  as soon as he sees the brushes he goes straight on his back  -  and as soon as I get down on my knees - he springs up and runs away.   On the odd occasions when he will 'play nice' I can only get about 5 mins before he turns as if he is going to bite  (never bitten since puppy days) and I know he has had enough.

Hopefully I should have the rest of the money by next week  -  will take before and after shots.

Can you guys send your dog over to show Marley how its done (blowing the coat) - it would save me a fortune (£50 is a fortune for me) twice a year just for him.

Does anyone else find that after getting rid of the undercoat - they need a different size collar?    Marley needs an 18 inch before grooming but after he needs a 16 inch as he can slide the 18 inch off too easily.

Skylas collar is SO loose but as it's only for her tags I don't bother to adjust it

Oh and blaze is the exact same as marley it takes up months to get him even slightly brushed lol he will run off and squeeze himself into a corner as soon as he hears us getting the brush out lol

Archived