Amy the hero

Jo

Amy has given blood today, after an sos call from vets as they were short of blood, shes probably saved a dogs life

Lots of treats ( when the sedative wears off!)

[emoji173]️[emoji173]️IMG_1873.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

That is so good

I wish more dog owners would sign up thier dogs to give blood every one forgets that some times dogs need blood products too just like humans

its a pet project of mine to spread the word

I actually wasnt signed up for it, my sister happened to be at the vets on work business when the emergency came in so she asked if Amy would give blood, they wont take from dogs under 20kg, they took a pint and she is still zonked out bless her bit I have said we will do it again, never know when your own dog may need it!
I also get Amys next boosters for free as a thank you [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

1 hour ago, Jo said:

I actually wasnt signed up for it, my sister happened to be at the vets on work business when the emergency came in so she asked if Amy would give blood, they wont take from dogs under 20kg, they took a pint and she is still zonked out bless her bit I have said we will do it again, never know when your own dog may need it!
I also get Amys next boosters for free as a thank you emoji106.png

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

take a look at these people

https://www.petbloodbankuk.org/

6 hours ago, chelseafan said:

A bloke phoned me today regarding my signing up to the pet blood bank and the next session for donating is July 5th in Wellington, we’ve made our appt. emoji1.png

Sent from my iPad using Husky Owners

Well done, hope you tell all Amy's doggie freinds about this and thier owners, the more dogs that take part the more that can be helped. if your really into it you could set up a local collection event

In the usa they tend to run out of the vet schools just google dog blood donations (your state) and you should find them

or ask your vet who runs it in your state/town/city

35 minutes ago, 2Huskyfun said:

I think this is awesome. 

I am not sure if we have something like that here but I will be looking into it.

Mine are to young and small right now but will  definitely be signing them up when they can.

A bloke phoned me today regarding my signing up to the pet blood bank and the next session for donating is July 5th in Wellington, we’ve made our appt. [emoji1]

Sent from my iPad using Husky Owners

Thats great! Just be aware they will shave their necks and may be bruising as its quite a large needle, once Amys sedative wore off she was back to normal [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

I do think this is great to do!! Thanks@JO for starting this!![emoji169][emoji252][emoji4]
Just to add, my Dad's black lab was very anemic due to bone cancer & needed blood transfusions. We were very grateful there were doggy donors out there.
I will look into this as well for Ohio USA.[emoji169]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Husky Owners mobile app

Archived