Peeing inside despite dog door

Randa

I have a two yr old female. Despite having a doggie door that she uses all the time, she still pees in the house regularly. She may go a couple of weeks with no occurrences, then pee in the house daily for a few days. She is on Proin for incontinence because she was leaking during sleep. That doesn't happen anymore. It seems to be at night or during the day when I'm at work. I really don't think there is a separation issue. She doesn't show any anxiety about use leaving the house. I'm clueless as to why she would do this. My other dog NEVER goes in the house. She can go outside at any time. Any advice for me? I hate to put her in a crate.

Do you know why she was suffering from sleep incontinence? Was wondering if theres’s a medical issue that would explain this? Something that may weaken her ability to hold urine for a prolonged period of time?

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

We have a doggie door too and my two will do the same thing. Be great for a few days and then it is like they totally forget that they have a dog door. ( mine are almost 4 months/a little bit of an age difference)

However, I did notice that the weather plays a factor. When it is mid day and really hot, they refuse to go out on their own. I still have to  tell them to go outside. 

Have you noticed a pattern with when this happens and what the weather is? If there is not a bladder infection issue check for a yeast infection. If she is on meds, maybe it is throwing her PH balance off like with humans.

Archived