Limping?

Marihanna

Hi friends. My boy is only 2 years old and he got this weird limping problem. Sometimes when he stands up after laying around his front right leg will limp. He doesnt seem to be in pain, he just hops around lifting his leg. He's fine with putting pressure on it, since he still uses his leg to climb the stairs, but even when he sit sometimes he'll lift it up or straight up lay on the floor instead. After sometime he'd be fine, about 30mins to an hour? At first I thought his leg just fell asleep, but it take pretty long for him to stop limping and its always the same leg it seems. I check his paws everytime too, and i don't see any visible injury or anything stuck in there. He always lays around in some uncomfortable positions too. What do you guys think? Should I be worried?

with symptons like that and the time it has been I would have been at the vets already...if mine limp for more then 1 day I am at the vets no matter what...could be nothing could be serious...

Another vote for the VET.     One thing you could try  -  get a manual toothbrush and some toothpaste and gently scrub the pads  -  if there is a corn it will show up.    You normally cannot see a corn - but it shows up with the above trick.    

A dog would not keep limping or lifting a foot for no reason  -  you baby is in some sort of pain.

Hi friends. My boy is only 2 years old and he got this weird limping problem. Sometimes when he stands up after laying around his front right leg will limp. He doesnt seem to be in pain, he just hops around lifting his leg. He's fine with putting pressure on it, since he still uses his leg to climb the stairs, but even when he sit sometimes he'll lift it up or straight up lay on the floor instead. After sometime he'd be fine, about 30mins to an hour? At first I thought his leg just fell asleep, but it take pretty long for him to stop limping and its always the same leg it seems. I check his paws everytime too, and i don't see any visible injury or anything stuck in there. He always lays around in some uncomfortable positions too. What do you guys think? Should I be worried?

My husky is 11 months. She has a habit of lifting her right and or left leg when I take her out to potty. I mentioned it to my vet and she told me that when a dog lifts it’s legs like that it could be an indication of hip displacement. Long story short I decided to have the vet x-ray her hips for my peace of mind. The x-ray showed her hips were fine her ball and joints were perfectly aligned everything was perfect. The cost of sedating her along with the x-ray cost about $220 in USD.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

My husky is 11 months. She has a habit of lifting her right and or left leg when I take her out to potty. I mentioned it to my vet and she told me that when a dog lifts it’s legs like that it could be an indication of hip displacement. Long story short I decided to have the vet x-ray her hips for my peace of mind. The x-ray showed her hips were fine her ball and joints were perfectly aligned everything was perfect. The cost of sedating her along with the x-ray cost about $220 in USD.

If she's only doing it when she pees she's probably just cocking her leg , skyla does it too , even before she got arthritis she actually tends to do it less now than she used to

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

If she's only doing it when she pees she's probably just cocking her leg , skyla does it too , even before she got arthritis she actually tends to do it less now than she used to

I cut the story short. I don’t like writing long post. She also exhibited pain in her left hip upon examination at the vets office in addition she would favor her leg when out playing with other dogs not often but several times at least.

You said you cut the story short and she seems in pain if u had written a long post and gave us more details we can help better

Again, Autumn is doing fine. My post was in response to the OP. I never asked for helped. You and I are on different pages. I won’t respond any further.

@Marihanna ~ How is your male Husky doing?? Is he still limping and did you have your Vet check him out??[emoji169][emoji4]

@LuvMyHusky ~ I'm happy to hear your AUTUMN is doing well!! That's great you had her checked at the Vet. My female does the same thing.[emoji169][emoji4]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Husky Owners mobile app

Archived