Pregnancy

James1976

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations@James1976 on your 7 puppies[emoji169], and congratulations to@Iffriku on your 5 puppies[emoji169]!!
How are both mothers doing and all of those gorgeous puppies??
More photos please of both sets of puppies!!
[emoji169][emoji191][emoji4][emoji169][emoji191][emoji4]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Husky Owners mobile app

1 hour ago, James1976 said:

20180622_075934.thumb.jpg.20c3afe28ae0444409c2d3bbdc4990b9.jpghere is a couple of pictures of the new puppies, they are growing quickly. Concerned about mum she's refusing to eat anything. 

20180621_092717.jpg

Oh they are gorgeous. Little squish beans! 

How long has it been since she has eaten something substantial, is she nibbling in small amounts? 

I take it she is drinking loads of water and still producing a good amount of milk for the puppies? All toileting ok? I wonder if it is the 7 placentas she ate, they do say it isn't wise to let them eat more than 2, so she may have an upset tum.

Here are some pics of my little monsters all grown up now 😭 and my little cute Ghostybum.

Pink blob and blue blob are now sold! Luna and Theo respectively. Toilet training is going very very well right now, very optimistic they will be minimum pad trained but with a good amount of house training before they leave from the 2nd July. 

I'm devastated that we only have a week or 2 left with them. Though we are still keeping the last pup and both new owners so far are enthusiastic to stay in touch with us and do meets every now and again!!!

Mummadog's milk has all dried up nicely, she does have discolouration on her underbelly though.... I'll get a pic tonight - we're started to put baby oil on it to help the skin, I think it's mainly where she was carrying so much milk the skins got sore and rubbed for a few weeks as she was so swollen. She is definitely her normal mischievous self again though, all normal habits have returned and I love it even more! 

Blue.jpg

Ghosty.JPG

Green.jpg

Group.jpg

howling.jpg

Pink.jpg

Red.jpg

sleepy.JPG

squish.jpg

Yellow.jpg

Wow those puppies are gorgeous! 

Good news, skyla has started eating, not a great amount but some none the less. We went outside for her to toilet and I sat and hand fed her, feel much much better now.

Pups are feeding fine and mum is doing a great job. Posted a pic, I've not had pups before but they look big and chunky to me and much more mobile than I expected at this early stage. 

Thanks for the advice guys, I'll keep you posted. 

20180622_145847.jpg

8 minutes ago, James1976 said:

Wow those puppies are gorgeous! 

Good news, skyla has started eating, not a great amount but some none the less. We went outside for her to toilet and I sat and hand fed her, feel much much better now.

Pups are feeding fine and mum is doing a great job. Posted a pic, I've not had pups before but they look big and chunky to me and much more mobile than I expected at this early stage. 

Thanks for the advice guys, I'll keep you posted. 

20180622_145847.jpg

Aw they look lovely and perfect!

They do grow very quickly and start moving quit rapidly! Ours were little torpedo slugs before they could walk! 

Look out for their eyes opening at about 2 weeks of age... they should start trying to sit up and stand up quite quickly after that, then the funny drunk stumbling starts!! 

I'm pleased Sky has started to eat again, fingers crossed it continues and her appetite returns! 

28 minutes ago, 2Huskyfun said:

Both look great...

Good thing I have my hands full or else I would be wanting some. Hehheee

Try Bagbomb. It is meant for chapped and discovering of nipples. 

Thanks for the tip! I will certainly be trying that one out 🐶😛

Worried sick, sky is beyond thin the vet has given us syringes to force feed her now, I'm beside myself with worry. Sky took the food through a syringe she wasn't happy about it. But, we had a breakthrough. This is going to sound terrible I know. Some of the food from the syringe landed on a pup, sky cleaned him straight away without hesitation. So we started putting the food on the puppies and sky ate and ate

23 minutes ago, James1976 said:

Worried sick, sky is beyond thin the vet has given us syringes to force feed her now, I'm beside myself with worry. Sky took the food through a syringe she wasn't happy about it. But, we had a breakthrough. This is going to sound terrible I know. Some of the food from the syringe landed on a pup, sky cleaned him straight away without hesitation. So we started putting the food on the puppies and sky ate and ate

I'm sorry to hear that. Though to be honest as long as you're getting the food and nutrient in her that's all that matters.

I really hope she gets better soon and puts the weight back on. 

Please keep us updated on her 🐶

When we used to find mommies that were sick and not eating or didn't have food available for a period of time, we would feed them puppy can food. Mix it with warm water to turn it into gravy.

It was every hour on the hour small amounts to ensure they getting sick from too much too fast.

I am glad that you found away to get her to eat. But  definitely try to get her to eat it out of her own bowl. Maybe put the pups around the bowl and see what she does. 

I hope she feels better soon.

Thanks for the support, it really has been be stressful, sky is a massive part of our family and we love her very much. Having puppies has been wonderful but to watch her shrink to an alarming state is devastating and very upsetting especially for the kids. Unorthodox it may be, but putting a small amount of the diluted high calorie food from the vets on the pups seems to be doing the trick. Sky cleaned the pups and happily cleaned her bowl. We are just so happy she's getting some nutrition, albeit it not the normal way, I may even get some sleep tonight. I wanted to share this simply because we've had no experience with puppies and although it was a wonderful thing to expedience it has been worrying with the did issues. Maybe someone else may be in a similar situation. Will keep you posted 😃

Love sky and family

20180618_070235.jpg

28 minutes ago, James1976 said:

Thanks for the support, it really has been be stressful, sky is a massive part of our family and we love her very much. Having puppies has been wonderful but to watch her shrink to an alarming state is devastating and very upsetting especially for the kids. Unorthodox it may be, but putting a small amount of the diluted high calorie food from the vets on the pups seems to be doing the trick. Sky cleaned the pups and happily cleaned her bowl. We are just so happy she's getting some nutrition, albeit it not the normal way, I may even get some sleep tonight. I wanted to share this simply because we've had no experience with puppies and although it was a wonderful thing to expedience it has been worrying with the did issues. Maybe someone else may be in a similar situation. Will keep you posted 😃

Love sky and family

20180618_070235.jpg

That's really good to hear James! 

Fantastic advice from @2Huskyfun very important to do in small amounts so she isn't sick.

I'm sure she'll get the weight back on in no time at all.

Good luck! Please keep us posted! Sleep well all! ❤

@James1976 and@Iffriku ~
Aww, all your puppies are gorgeous & precious!! It kind of makes ya want to keep all of them!! Awesome photos!![emoji4]
JAMES~ Definitely keep feeding her "often" to keep her strength & energy up, her milk going for 7 puppies, and to gain weight...she needs all the food she can get for the next 9 weeks or so. Having that many pups is easy for her to lose weight and "very quickly," and can threaten her and the puppies' health. If she's lost quite a bit of weight, she is most likely malnourished, in turn causing her a no/low appetite.
*As @2Huskyfun said, I would definitely put her on all "puppy" food because it has more protein and carbs (than adult food), since she has so much going on with the pups & her weight is down. Give her the PUPPY dry food & wet food, but make sure it is a high quality of puppy food, which has lots more calories than adult food.
*She needs "extra calcium" as well. Check with your Vet to see what he recommends for calcium through food or supplements since she is probably malnourished (that's not your fault, it happens to mothers).
*I would think she will need some "fat" in her diet as well.
*You also could give her a doggy MultiVitamin once in the morning & once in the evening. Again, check with your Vet on a good MultiVitamin to give & how many times a day.
*Check her & there to make sure she is still producing milk.
*Weight: I would weight Mama every day and the puppies to ensure none of them are losing weight but gaining weight.
~Sorry this is so long.[emoji4] I just typed everything that came to my mind. Here's some info regarding nursing mothers that should be beneficial. You don't have to use the food brand mentioned, but check with your Vet on what is a good puppy food for mothers. I hope all this information is beneficial!!
Again both of you, congratulations!!
[emoji4][emoji191][emoji169][emoji191][emoji169][emoji252][emoji252]
https://www.hillspet.com/dog-care/nutrition-feeding/what-to-feed-a-pregnant-dog

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Husky Owners mobile app

Do whatever it takes to get her to eat in small portions multiple times a day. 

She will pull through this. As much as we worry about our babies it is hard for them not to since it. Try not to stress around her and get some sleep. 😜 As the saying goes: it's like the pot calling the kettle black. I haven't slept in 3 nights because my babies are sick. LOL

Well the panic is over, thank god. Sky is eating like a horse, probably more than before. Pups are in great condition and are looking chunky and content. Sky has even started to leave them for 5 minutes to spend some time with us or have a wander around the garden. Really proud of her although I won't be doing it again 😁

20180627_144826.jpg

20180626_082739.jpg

8 minutes ago, James1976 said:

Well the panic is over, thank god. Sky is eating like a horse, probably more than before. Pups are in great condition and are looking chunky and content. Sky has even started to leave them for 5 minutes to spend some time with us or have a wander around the garden. Really proud of her although I won't be doing it again 😁

20180627_144826.jpg

20180626_082739.jpg

Thank you for updating us! 

I've been thinking about you all for the last few days - I haven't wanted to message as wanted you to be able to focus on your puppers. 

I'm really really pleased she is eating well and the puppies are doing excellent as well. She should start returning slowly to her normal behaviour over the next few weeks. Ghost has now pretty much returned to her normal self - she even started sleeping on the bed again last week which she hasn't done since they were born. 

She might even want her first walk soon, keep it short and sweet, if she wants to go home then go home - Ghost couldn't get out the door fast enough and honestly looked at me as we walked back up the drive "Seriously.. that's it"!? Be cautious of other dogs, she will be protective and anxious - I started crossing the road IN CASE. Nothing ever happened, but just in case. I couple of the regulars I bumped into I explained why and they were more than happy to keep their distance until Ghost was ready. 

I'm loving that big belly on the puppy (Bella is that?)! I'm just so pleased that Sky has started eating more, well done everyone!!!!

Sky is loving the raw food, even though the vet wasn't keen on the idea. In fact I don't think I've ever seen her that excited about her food, other than sausages rolls that is. Thank you for pointing us in that direction. She's been on the food for about 5 days, she just seems to be glowing and healthy, her breathe after certainly isn't glowing pheeww, salmon in particular! 

I think I will try her with a small walk later when it's cooler, she is a bit restless and I'm missing my walking partner 😊

Will keep you updated 🐺😁

2 minutes ago, James1976 said:

Sky is loving the raw food, even though the vet wasn't keen on the idea. In fact I don't think I've ever seen her that excited about her food, other than sausages rolls that is. Thank you for pointing us in that direction. She's been on the food for about 5 days, she just seems to be glowing and healthy, her breathe after certainly isn't glowing pheeww, salmon in particular! 

I think I will try her with a small walk later when it's cooler, she is a bit restless and I'm missing my walking partner 😊

Will keep you updated 🐺😁

Ah you went raw! Oh fantastic! Yeah.... our vets hate us for it as well, they don't really understand the benefits of raw food for our animals (cats as well) my vet likes to push purina science plan... but no! 

Yeah.... meat breath isn't nice but I can live with that for a fit and healthy pooch. 

Thank you so much for keeping us updated! I'm so pleased things have improved for you. Our girls seem to be quite similar!! Must be a white husky thing 😍. Let us know how the walkies go!!!

Archived