Lying down on walks

booned

Its been quite hot over the weekend and our puppy (14 weeks) has been happy to go on walks and walks fine for a few minutes and then decides to lie down in shade or grass and not responding to commands.

Is this typical in warmer weather? Should I avoid walking or keeping walking to a minimum (10 minute walks?)  in hot temperatures?

Hi you should only be walking him for 5 mins per month of age, so at the moment he should only be going on 15 min walks. Any more can affect their joints

If the pavement is too hot for you to keep your hand on for more than 5 seconds then it’s too hot to walk the dog. When it’s hot it’s best to walk them first thing in the morning or in the evening.

It is possible that he’s just too hot

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

1 minute ago, Rachael_Astro said:

Hi you should only be walking him for 5 mins per month of age, so at the moment he should only be going on 15 min walks. Any more can affect their joints

If the pavement is too hot for you to keep your hand on for more than 5 seconds then it’s too hot to walk the dog. When it’s hot it’s best to walk them first thing in the morning or in the evening.

It is possible that he’s just too hot

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Thank you Rachel. I had assumed that maybe we were over exerting her. Thanks again for your help.

Archived