Is this the same puppy?

Jrpearson26

I visited someone to take a look at their puppies about a week and a half ago. I took pictures while I was there. The 2nd picture is an updated picture that she took a few days ago. I know colors change, but do they change this much?  A little over a week between pictures. 

20180520_105807.jpg

Attach4760_20180601_091257.jpg

I'm really distraught, because I don't think it is either. The seller has been very poor with communication and it took her several days to send this picture after I constantly asked for an updated pic. The whole thing now seems uncomfortable 😕

@Jrpearson76 ~ Hello.
*A good way to "identify" your puppy is to look at the face mask, markings around the eyes, defined chest markings and any other fur patterns. The markings should not change so drastically in a week...very subtle changes possibly.
So the 1st photo and 2nd photo are completely different puppies in my opinion.
*Photo 1 is a Siberian Husky.
*Photo 2 "appears" to be a German Shepherd/Husky cross (but don't quote me on that bcuz I can't see the puppy's face very well & the lighting is not good).
*Go to your breeder and let him know there has been a mix up (possibly done on purpose I don't know or accidentally). The puppy in Photo 1 may have already been taken unfortunately??
*Do you now have the second puppy (photo 2)?? He is awfully handsome & gorgeous!! So is the first pup!! Love them both!!
*Did the breeder give you any documents??
I'm so sorry this has happened to you.
[emoji120][emoji171][emoji252][emoji259][emoji295]️

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Husky Owners mobile app

The breeder does have a Shepard on site, I saw him/her when I visited the kennel. She has not shown documentation but said she would at pick-up. I called and sent a message saying there had to be a mixup because they are different puppies and she has not responded. Its unfortunate that people would so something like that. 

Ya... I don't think those are the same pups.

The lines don't even match. i.e white pigment marks on the face and chest legs. 

Mine have changed a in the 5/6 weeks I have had them but it is a slow change and their features have not changed. Took picks at the kennel so we would get the right one when we picked up. 

1st pic is her at 6 weeks: 2nd pic is when we picked her up 7weeks: 3rd  was of her yesterday 12 weeks (3 months)

check out the mask, strip on her back, and she is turning grey.

They do change, but that is way too  dramatic in too short of time *I think* It also looks like the first pup has a smoother coat and the second has the longer fluffier coat.

The unknown sucks....

IMG_1808.JPG

IMG_1810.JPG

IMG_1789.JPG

The first and second pup are definitely not the same.  😲

Yes they do change over time but not in the space of a week and not from one coloured dog (grey?) to a totally different one (black, tan and white dog?).  

Don't get me wrong. They can change dramatically as they mature, within their own colour....for example a red pup could start off light as apricot and end up dark like chocolate brown.  Big  changes but all within the red classification and over a period of time. 

These two photos have totally different coloured pups, with different markings and masks. 

I’d be tempted to make a few enquiries about the breeder. Ask around locally or perhaps google, see what kind of reputation they have. I don’t know what her motive would be in sending you a photo of the pup that isn’t the one you chose unless she has promised it to someone else. You may need to rethink whether you want to pay good money to someone who appears to be either unrelIable or untruthful. If you were happy with everything on your visit, i.e. you saw both parents, saw where the dogs are kept etc. then you may feel able to buy with confidence, if you didn’t and they just took you to a puppy room so you could choose one then you may want to rethink in the face of her attempted deception if that’s what it is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Archived