July Husky of the Month Competition

Jay

There will be no theme for July's Husky of the Month.  To enter, just post a picture, any picture of your husky.  Please include the name of your dog with the post. You can enter one photo per dog, or a group photo of multiple dogs.  Entries will be accepted through Sunday, June 24th.

Here are some suggestions:
1) ENTRIES: I think "each & every" dog per household deserves a chance to be entered into the competition ~OR~ have the choice to submit "one photo of each dog/dogs per household." (I feel it should stay how it was before...also, it's some times hard to get multiple dogs to cooperate.)

2) CATEGORIES: I feel there should be maybe 4 "SEPARATE CATEGORIES" of photos, videos, creative/art and GIFs. (I.e., videos are much different than stills, GIFs, etc., and each category would be dissimilar and oddly compared making voting difficult.) And again, only "one entry" per each household's dog/dogs, and one entry to be limited to "ONE category."

3) TIEBREAKERS: If there is a tiebreaker, there should be a "second thread" announcing a tie and then decided by "all voters" ... versus by one person. (I.e., the 2017 Photo of the Year was a "tiebreaker" and decided by only one person on the original submittal thread ... A tie should be announced in a second thread for multiple people to revote on the tie.)

4) THEME/OPTIONAL: Maybe have a theme for holidays or special events some times, which can be decided by the previous month's winner or by JAY... OR no theme is fine too... optional.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Husky Owners mobile app

Here are some suggestions:
1) ENTRIES: I think "each & every" dog per household deserves a chance to be entered into the competition ~OR~ have the choice to submit "one photo of each dog/dogs per household." (I feel it should stay how it was before...also, it's some times hard to get multiple dogs to cooperate.)

2) CATEGORIES: I feel there should be maybe 4 "SEPARATE CATEGORIES" of photos, videos, creative/art and GIFs. (I.e., videos are much different than stills, GIFs, etc., and each category would be dissimilar and oddly compared making voting difficult.) And again, only "one entry" per each household's dog/dogs, and one entry to be limited to "ONE category."

3) TIEBREAKERS: If there is a tiebreaker, there should be a "second thread" announcing a tie and then decided by "all voters" ... versus by one person. (I.e., the 2017 Photo of the Year was a "tiebreaker" and decided by only one person on the original submittal thread ... A tie should be announced in a second thread for multiple people to revote on the tie.)

4) THEME/OPTIONAL: Maybe have a theme for holidays or special events some times, which can be decided by the previous month's winner or by JAY... OR no theme is fine too... optional.

P.S. On second thought, having themes is fun even though they are a little harder.

My thought on the themes is that some of them are hard for others to do and might limit participation.  I thought that opening up to different formats, such as videos, etc would get more people involved, but I understand that it may be hard to compare a pic of one dog to a 5 minute videos of another.  We used to have separate photo and videos of the month, but that would be too much, plus we don't even have much participation in the current competition. 

I went back and forth with the "one entry per household" rule, but the reason I decided to do it that way is if there are videos it would be hard to allow multiple videos.  For those that can't get a group photo with all dogs, you would have to just pick the one you like the best. 

This are only explanations on why I decided on those rules, and in no way dismissing them, I am considering all suggestions.  We will see how this month goes how it is, and if doesn't work we can always revise it later.

That sounds good and I agree with your decisions. Themes are hard to do some times or at least for me.[emoji847]
Another suggestion would be to make "two separate monthly competitions"...one for photos and one for videos. Just an idea.
I'm embarrassed to say but don't know what a GIF is.[emoji23] I probably should know huh.🤣
Also, thanks for all you do with the competitions!!
[emoji191][emoji191][emoji252][emoji252][emoji295]️

I think it’s a good idea, but I think videos should be kept down to about 5 seconds otherwise if there’s a lot of video entries we could be here for a while [emoji23] I don’t know how to post a video on the forum [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

lol yes its hard to take a pic of your dog enjoying the sun when you havent seen a dry day for a few weeks and the garden is more pond that grass

• 2 weeks later...

You don't have to do a video, but I thought I would open that option up.   We had separate competitions in the past for video/photo but currently we don't have a ton of participation so I don't think we would have enough. 

So for now we can just keep it pictures but there is no theme.  So just post a pic of any kind with your husky to enter.

****UPDATE****  I have decided to keep the original format of the Husky of the Month competition and extend it one more week.  This month there will be no theme, but we will go back to themes next month.  Same applies as before, which I have updated in the original post. 

Archived