Random behavior issues

Hello! My puppy Rea is about 7 months old, and she previously has listened pretty well. She has usually comes when called and goes in her crate when I tell her to. She is potty trained, no problem there. But lately it seems like she is deliberately disobeying me. She refuses to go outside when I tell her, runs from me when I try to make her go in her crate, hardly ever comes when I call, she runs away from me alot. I am not sure if it's an alpha thing or if she is afraid of me for some reason? And a bit of background, she is a mostly indoor dog that I put outside in a huge fenced in backyard sometimes and sleeps in her crate/goes in her crate when were not home. No kids, just my husband and myself but I am home alone with her most of the time and give her tons of attention. I just dont understand this sudden change in behavior and what I can do to stop making her run away for me and deliberately doing the opposite of what I tell her... 

20180526_191136.jpg

Oh geeze. I havent ever had kids so I have no clue how to put a teenager in her place. It's so frusterating becquse after all the research on training Huskies, she was finally behaving so well and then all of a sudden it's back to square one. I definitely dont want her to start running from me.. 

Also one more thing, she could care less about food or treats, so I have no leverage. She would much rather misbehave than get a treat, regardless of the kind/type of treat

Hahha, sorry to laugh! I have 2 teenage girls and 1 teenage boy. 

I am a first time Sibe owner. 2 litter mates.

Don't nick-pick the small stuff.

Find  humor.

Nothing I knew about training "dogs" worked with these guys. I have thrown everything out the window. 

It is working! Went from hating the crate, chewing on everything, not wanting to be house broken, not listening, to  loving everything in a week.

Stop, breath, watch the behavior. Then come up with a plan that works best for her.

Stay consistent.  

Humor, Humor, Humor, you got this

Thanks for the advice:) I guess I should be happy with her at least being potty trained. 

Any advice on how to get her to stop running away from me? That's my main concern 😕 she could care less about treats, toys, or pets when I call her.

What were some things that worked on your teen monsters? 😛

Ok so this sounds wired so don't judge please.... LOL

My two depend on each other more than me. So if one doesn't come the other doesn't. It's like they look at each other and make the  decision. 

I get on their level. Yes, hands and knees and make  ridiculous noises. 

Their favorite is whining! Then I make it play time for a few minutes. No treats, no toys, just me looking and sounding like an idiot. 

It has worked so far.

As far as my teens go.... took away their cell phones. LMAO

Good luck.

Side note on having two: At least they will be different ages.

The breeder said I was out of my mind! But because of my past experiences with a  profession  with animals and it was my husbands co-worker that recommended him.... he aloud me to take two. 

It is like having kids. Have another one before the first is out of  diapers. LOL Get it over and done with at once....

O and yes I feel it does help. They  entertain themselves!

My 2 'changed behaviour' at a similar age, go back to basics, positive reinforced training and lots of patience.........huskies do like to do as they please! Give her time outs when she's acting up, use play time to bond with her and as your relationship with her grows she will listen. This phase doesn't last forever she's trying to push the boundaries, typical husky! Good luck [emoji1]

Sent from my iPad using Husky Owners

Archived