Crate Size

Spiritbeast

Hey, sorry if this is in the wrong spot or has been posted many times before.

I’m having a hard time trying to pick out a crate which will be good for use in home. I’m wanting to crate train my pup when I get her and use a divider to make it smaller so that as she grows the crate will be great for her as an adult.

The problem is that I’m reading that some use 36in, 42in or 48in.... which is the ideal size that she will be comfortable in? [emoji848]

Plastic or steel?

Should I buy a crate cover or would a big blanket be ok to use?

Does anyone use vetbeds and are they good to be washed quite a lot if my pup messes?

Thanks in advance and sorry again if this has been asked a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

Just measured mine and they are 46” so I would definitely get 46” to 48”

I would also get steel in case she chews the bars, however if she has accidents make sure you rinse and dry it maybe outside with a hose, Astro used to pee on the same side when he was a pup and the bars have gone a bit rusty

She will probably be able to pull a blanket through the bars (mine have done that) so I would get a crate cover

Mine don’t have beds in their crates they just get shredded! They just have the plastic trays, Huskies love a cold floor so I wouldn’t worry about that

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

mine are 46 inch...they do have bedding in them mine like their comfort but then they only get used while camping as they have free roam of the house...

Mine are wire 42. It says it is for dogs 71-90 pounds. The mom is on the smaller side 40/45 pounds and Dad was about 50/60 pounds but thin framed.

During the second emergency visit....(for swilling a hot wing bone whole- sucker was quick to grab it) the vet said a piece of cloth came out too. When we got home, I checked their blankets that I was using to cover the crates and it was a perfect match!

Now I have nothing in their crates and the crate covers are on order.

IMG_1783.JPG

Hey sorry I haven’t replied but I’m not getting any notifications so thought that I’d had no replies...really sorry [emoji28]

I think I’ll go for the 46 and was looking at the Ellie-Bo range. Do you think I’ll need a crate divider?

Again, I’m sorry I missed the replies and those pups are gorgeous [emoji173]️

Oh I’ve just noticed that they only do 42 or 48 in this range [emoji51]

It's all good, it happens, 

I got my pups at 7 weeks and kept them in a pen at night. Didn't get the crates until they were 10 weeks. They shared one crate at night.(I don't suggest that LOL)

if there is a divider made for the crate for that reason then I would. But I waited on my crates because of that reason. Didn't know what to use as a divider that wouldn't cause an issue.

I think they would have been fine in  separate crates full size. 

They are actually very stuck up and won't go near their poops. LOL

side note: nothing worked as a  deterrent for chewing... OUTSIDE- I smeared some of their poop on what I don't want them chewing on and it works!!!! LOL (fence post, sides of the dog ramp (my friend put carpet on it thinking it would be nice), and around the bottom of the fence so they don't dig. What a cheap simple thing.

Hey, yup the crate has a divider that I would need to buy separate to the crate.

I’m not really sure how I’d explain to my neighbours why I’m rubbing dog poo all over the place hahaha! I’ll do it late at night so they don’t think I’m strange [emoji23]

Hahhhaa. 

Ya luckily the dog run is  secluded for the most part. I also try to use as little as possible. Worried about the smell come the heat of the summer.

My husband freashened up some spots this morning. Watching him do that made me laugh. It looks  ridiculous. But if is saves me a vet bill I am all for it.

• 1 year later...
It's all good, it happens, 
I got my pups at 7 weeks and kept them in a pen at night. Didn't get the crates until they were 10 weeks. They shared one crate at night.(I don't suggest that LOL)
if there is a divider made for the crate for that reason then I would. But I waited on my crates because of that reason. Didn't know what to use as a divider that wouldn't cause an issue.
 I think they would have been fine in  separate crates full size. 
They are actually very stuck up and won't go near their poops. LOL
side note: nothing worked as a  deterrent for chewing... OUTSIDE- I smeared some of their poop on what I don't want them chewing on and it works!!!! LOL (fence post, sides of the dog ramp (my friend put carpet on it thinking it would be nice), and around the bottom of the fence so they don't dig. What a cheap simple thing.

[emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Archived