• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Flint ~ Aww, the puppy you're looking at is stunning!! His parents are stunning as well!![emoji847]
All Huskies have tons & tons of fur, so I wouldn't worry too much about him being a wooly or not. You will have to brush Husky fur, long or short, daily or often. If you live in a hot climate, long or short-haired Huskies are going to be hot because they are Northern Breed snow dogs, but can adjust to hot climates like every dog does. A "bonus" is their overcoat is waterproof/resistant so they will dry much quicker than most dogs.
The puppy you may get looks "possibly" like a true Agouti Husky pup to me. I love Agoutis!! They're truly gorgeous and look more like their cousin...the gray wolf. Look at a loose hair from your pup, and you should see different color bands on the hair (black/sable, etc.). If it is color banded, you may be getting an Agouti...truly stunning!!
Here is an article about Agoutis, if that's what your pup is. (The article falls under the "how to train the dog" but is about Agoutis.)
Praying you get the puppy you love!!
Hope this helps.[emoji847][emoji191][emoji252][emoji171]

https://howtotrainthedog.com/agouti-husky/

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Husky Owners mobile app

Just don't let anyone talk you into shaving him. The hair will help with the heat and be careful of giving too many baths. Also, a groomer advised against brushing while wet.  (?)

I am originally from NC. Keep an eye out for ticks and the  humidity may make keeping the under coat dry an issue. (Mold) 

Just don't let anyone talk you into shaving him. The hair will help with the heat and be careful of giving too many baths. Also, a groomer advised against brushing while wet.  (?)
I am originally from NC. Keep an eye out for ticks and the  humidity may make keeping the under coat dry an issue. (Mold) 
Yeah I tried to brush skyla when she was wet and it just knotted up wasn't good at all
@Flint ~ Aww, the puppy you're looking at is stunning!! His parents are stunning as well!![emoji847]
All Huskies have tons & tons of fur, so I wouldn't worry too much about him being a wooly or not. You will have to brush Husky fur, long or short, daily or often. If you live in a hot climate, long or short-haired Huskies are going to be hot because they are Northern Breed snow dogs, but can adjust to hot climates like every dog does. A "bonus" is their overcoat is waterproof/resistant so they will dry much quicker than most dogs.
The puppy you may get looks "possibly" like a true Agouti Husky pup to me. I love Agoutis!! They're truly gorgeous and look more like their cousin...the gray wolf. Look at a loose hair from your pup, and you should see different color bands on the hair (black/sable, etc.). If it is color banded, you may be getting an Agouti...truly stunning!!
Here is an article about Agoutis, if that's what your pup is. (The article falls under the "how to train the dog" but is about Agoutis.)
Praying you get the puppy you love!!
Hope this helps.[emoji847][emoji191][emoji252][emoji171]

https://howtotrainthedog.com/agouti-husky/

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Husky Owners mobile app

Wooly huskies won't have the full protection of the waterproof top coat because the undercoat is longer than the guard hairs and do take longer to dry

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

Beautiful pup, agouti’s are stunning, they’re more cream than white. It’s a case of keeping on top of the fur with the rake, I rake mine several times a day when they’re shedding and once a day anyway, it becomes second nature after a while.

Sent from my iPad using Husky Owners

Archived