Crate Training

2Huskyfun

Thank you.

I was wondering if anyone had any advise on: My female is trying to use her crate for when she doesn't want to be bothered by her brother. But he keeps going in her crate and messing with her. I want to keep their crate doors open so they can go in and out. How do I keep him out of hers?

Thank You,

You could try boundary training, even when she’s not in the crate don’t let him go within a certain perimeter of the crate (snap your fingers and say ah ah if he goes near)

How long have you had them both? If not long you will find that they sort things out between themselves, females are usually more dominant than males and will put them in their place when needed!

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Hi Rachael,

That is a great suggestion. I will try that.

I have had them for 5 weeks. She will put him in his place when she absolutely has had enough. He takes her toys even though he has the exact same toy of his own and doesn't like her getting any attention. But then he can't be without her. LOL

I think once he gets  neutered he will knock some of his  dominant behavior off. He just started peeing on her bed and in her crate yesterday.

I am starting clicker training today.

Thank You

Hi, lovely pics and gorgeous pups!
Neutering doesn’t always get rid of dominance issues and they can still mark their territory. I agree with boundary training, hopefully it won’t take long for him to get it. I have one dominant male and one submissive, Cai (dominant) won’t touch Luka’s toys or bones when he sees me but as soon as he thinks I’m not looking he goes to take them, I say Cai, Ah Ah and he walks away. Good luck [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Ya they are pretty cute.. when they are sleeping. 🙃

We have been getting a lot of rain the last few days, so it is the perfect  opportunity to stay on top of it while they are spending most of their time indoors. Seems to be going ok. 

I just have to keep working him to keep him busy so he doesn't try to hump her every 5 mins. That's normally when she puts him in his place. LOL

• 5 months later...
On 5/24/2018 at 1:07 PM, 2Huskyfun said:

LOL.... it is working for now at least... but now she won't leave her crate 😵 She loves being able to get away from him. 

Now if I can only get him to nap in his crate.. hehhee  

IMG_1781.JPG

@lovelife82 I think this is the one I was thinking of.?. But there is a lot of post regarding this topic. LOL

Its so cute going back and seeing how far they came... 🥰

Archived