How to bathe a very strong, playful, xlarge husky puppy?

Sweetbee

My mom has a 10 month old husky pup who is very large and strong and extremely playful. I almost fell face down when walking him and my mom broke a bone when she fell while walking him. I am trying to bathe him but my mother is too scared to bathe him or walk him anymore. I used to take him for long walks he used to love but he used to dance around me while walking and would lunge forward all the time. He is very tall and big for us (we are five feet tall). Despite his size he is very gentle. We used to have a family husky who was like a brother to me. He was very serious and possesive of everyone and everything but he never used to lunge or pull or try to jump on us like he was small as the yorkies we have. He is also very destructive. How to bath a very playful xlarge dog?

Huskies & other dogs should not really need bathed hardly ever. They need all their skin oils to help protect their skin. Plus, Huskies almost have self cleaning fur built in. If he's really muddy, then it's ok. Good fur brushing every couple of days is good!!
Huskies are normally not large dogs and are more of a medium build. Maybe he is a mix??
Also, you could have a trainer come to your house to help train him. That would help him be better disciplined though he probably doesn't realize how big he is.
Good luck to you!![emoji191][emoji252][emoji171][emoji4]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Husky Owners mobile app

I only ever hose down my large husky (60cm tall and she's female!) when she's gone to the beach or rolled through mud in the dog park. Just water; nothing else needed. Huskies are very clean dogs.

Have you tried a dog harness like the "Walk your dog with love" harness  -  i.e. a front leading harness.   It is the only way I can walk Marley  -  who also pulls badly and lunges  -  he has had me over twice - and also had hubby down twice  -  and hubby is over 6ft tall.   Unfortunately I've spent £100's  on trainers  -  but hubby just let's him pull so the poor dog is getting mixed signals and I stopped wasting my money and got the harness.   After an initial 5 mins of playing up because he is no longer in control he settles down and walks almost like a normal dog  -  until he sees another dog, cat, leaf blowing in the wind etc.   However it stops 90% of the pulling power as when they pull the dog is turned towards you instead of going forward.   I can easily handle him with one hand now.

As for the bathing  I would recommend going to a groomers  -  if you can wait until he is moulting badly it also cuts down on you having to groom him 3-4 times a day.   Otherwise I would just wait until the dirt is dry and brush him  -  you will find not only does their coat somehow clean itself overnight to a great extent  -  they will spend quite a bit of time getting themselves clean.

At 11 months your pup is now getting into his teenage years  (always a trying time)  I am hoping my Marley is going to settle down in around 6 months  (he is 2 1/2)  but seems determined to remain a puppy as long as he can.

Sounds like very little training has been done & You must start ASAP..

Lewis Nicholl and.. successdogs.com ... or your mum will struggle so much I fear the pup will be given up.  Please.. look 

hose in tghe garden tied to something very heavy, could also put a towel down in the bath tied dog to the taps and smear a jar of peanut butter (non sweetner type) on the wall and bath husky whilst he licks it off tip is to put husky into a  dry bath then add the water or use a shower head another way long lead or a rope toss dog in river  when they get out add soap, toss back in river a couple times if he likes swimming that last one will not be as mean as it sounds

Archived